Headers for Angle Plug heads? Why are they so difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I keep reading everywhere that straight plugs are better than angled plugs, due to the plug boot melting, etc. But to the naked eye, it looks like angled would be better because the spark plugs are angled to the opening between and away from the header pipes. So what am I missing here, and what is so bad about them? I'm planning on a ZZ4 crate motor, but the angled plug thing is scaring me. Why so many header issues. Are the boots hitting the flange?

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Re: Headers for Angle Plug heads? Why are they so difficult

I personally run angle plug heads on 2 of my gbodys. The wagon has had dart angle plug heads with hooker comp headers. No issues at all plenty of room. It now has afr heads with hooker supercomp still no issues. My 84 cutlass has bowtie angle plug heads with patriot headers again plenty of room no issues. I personally wouldnt run strait plugs again when i did i had more burn wires and boots.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL

chevy2480 said:
I personally run angle plug heads on 2 of my gbodys. The wagon has had dart angle plug heads with hooker comp headers. No issues at all plenty of room. It now has afr heads with hooker supercomp still no issues. My 84 cutlass has bowtie angle plug heads with patriot headers again plenty of room no issues. I personally wouldnt run strait plugs again when i did i had more burn wires and boots.

Thanks. From all the threads that I have read, it appears the hooker super comps have been the most forgiving when using angled plugs.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094

V6UnderPressure said:
chevy2480 said:

Thanks. From all the threads that I have read, it appears the hooker super comps have been the most forgiving when using angled plugs.

Yes they work well but if you go with the bigger tube supercomps the one header tube wraps around the frame. That makes it a must to run skinnies up front. Ive used both supercomps no issues.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi

I've used Dyno Max - Super Comps - and Schoenfeld with angle port heads.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 674
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor