Headers queation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
I'm about to mount my 350 Olds engin in my Cutty.
And my question is, Is it necessary to relocate the oilfilter in terms of the heat from the headers?
I have wrapped the headers with bandage..

Is there any chances that the oil will boil?

Never done this before, so any coments is welcome :)

Attachments

• Olds 350 The golden rocket.jpg
    Olds 350 The golden rocket.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,457

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Shouldn't be an issue, I've been running mine for 8+ years with plain headers with no problems 8) (many long road trips too).

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
With the position of that oil filter, I might do the remote oil filter setup though :idea: Otherwise, you are going to have to place a Form-a-funnel or something over the headers every time you take that filter off, to keep oil from soaking into that wrap. Believe me, that wrap WILL catch on fire if it gets oil soaked :oops:

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks guys :) Ordred a oil filter relocator kit today, better to be safe than sorry :oops:
Can i insert the engine with the headers on, ore do i have to mount them after the engine is in the cart?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
You can probably get the engine in with the headers attached, but it would be much easier to put them on afterwards :wink:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
RITTER said:
You can probably get the engine in with the headers attached, but it would be much easier to put them on afterwards :wink:
X2, You could easily end up damaging something if you attempt it with them on....

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
RITTER said:
You can probably get the engine in with the headers attached

Not a chance.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Hehe.. okay, i will put them on after the engine is in the car :)

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Keep in mind when you put those headers in, the easiest way is jacking the front end up high and inserting from the bottom. This is the only way I could get mine in on my sbc because of the proximity of the intermediate shaft on the driver side. Passenger side dropped right in from the top since I removed the air box and all air components. If you have the air box still, your going to have to come in from under the car as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor