Headers ...yes another topic about Headers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd82H/O

Apprentice
May 24, 2010
I have been doing a lot of research on headers for my 83 Cutlass with a 70 Olds 350. I am more confused than when I started. I am looking for a set that won't hang low, I want it all tucked up out of view. I saw the shorty headers and they seem to have a problem with the steering. Have any of you used the shorty headers and what did you think. I also have heard of a mid length, these seem to be harder to find for my application . Just looking for suggestions.. Thanks

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
I'm using Hedman Hedders 58160 shorties in my 85 Cutlass. The only problem was a close fit on the drivers side, the flange hit the frame. I heated the frame and put a dimple in it with a ball peen hammer. I'm happy with these hedders.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
American Racing headers! You want headers without the hassle of headers, then this is your only choice. Yes, they are expensive. So what! They're worth it. There's not one person who's ever purchased a set that regreted buying them. They're that good. Plus you have an H/O so you should keep it classy and get the best.

Mar 11, 2013
Middletown CT
I have Full Hooker Headers on my 86 and they don't hang low at all, they're sweet too, and give me a lot of Top End. My Buddy with his 82 Has Hedman Shorty's on his which are really nice, the Stainless ones are only like 300$? he's got some serious low end torque in that pig too. Depends on application and preference really

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
JordenSwiridowsky said:
I have Full Hooker Headers on my 86 and they don't hang low at all, they're sweet too, and give me a lot of Top End. My Buddy with his 82 Has Hedman Shorty's on his which are really nice, the Stainless ones are only like 300$? he's got some serious low end torque in that pig too. Depends on application and preference really

Apples and oranges. You're talking about Chubby headers and we're talking about Olds headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor