how to get clean,simple affective audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Guys you keep missing the point on the speakers......he has a wagon....what type of speakers are in the back of a longroof?

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
OK ive done some thinking and reading.What about this set..tweets front,6/5 in the back..then add an amp for them,and then a 10 with amp ,maybe even shallow mount in the spare tire area? Again,not trying to win competitions.just like bass and crisp highs..the 6.5 should supply enough mids for me,since i usually turn mids down or off.If this sounds ok..should i mount the 6.5's on the inside quarters facing each other or facing up? Remember..wagon here

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
in my opinions i would not just runs tweeters in the front, unless they are the expensive ones that also can play some mid, it will sound like crap and start hurting your ears if your playing loud enough, stick with the 3.5's you bought or buy some new ones and use the HPF from your amp to block out the lower frequencies. You will be surprised at how much better you can make those pioneers sound by just adding an amp, you can stick to the 6.5's in the rear since you already bought them, or you can buy some better quality ones and put them in those boxes. I would first add a four or two channel amp for your highs and see if you like how it sounds and if not upgrade to better speakers. Just mount them however sounds best for you, I really dont think it will make a difference.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
if you dont mind doing a little work yourself.

-6.5s in kickpanels made by you
-tweeters in the factory 3.5 speaker location
-make simple door pods for the rear doors...
-take the 4x10s out and throw them away
-run a single 8" sub in a box, made by you or single 10" (one that is designed correctly this is simple to do and you will get high output, yet clean sound
-or i cant remember if there is a recessed area for a spare tire or somthing, but you can put a single 10 in that and hide it, so that it is super clean looking

-4 ch. amp for front and rear
-mono amp for sub

or

5ch amp, depends on your budget

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
if you dont mind doing a little work yourself.

-6.5s in kickpanels made by you
-tweeters in the factory 3.5 speaker location
-make simple door pods for the rear doors...
-take the 4x10s out and throw them away
-run a single 8" sub in a box, made by you or single 10" (one that is designed correctly this is simple to do and you will get high output, yet clean sound
-or i cant remember if there is a recessed area for a spare tire or somthing, but you can put a single 10 in that and hide it, so that it is super clean looking

-4 ch. amp for front and rear
-mono amp for sub

or

5ch amp, depends on your budget
ok i like this idea.
1.if i use 4-6.5's ..one in each door and two tweeters..will a four channel amp be enough? 4 channels..6 speakers?
2. What in detail do you mean single 10 "one that is designed correctly this is simple to do and you will get high output, yet clean sound"?
Thanks

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
topstring said:
ok i like this idea.
1.if i use 4-6.5's ..one in each door and two tweeters..will a four channel amp be enough? 4 channels..6 speakers?
2. What in detail do you mean single 10 "one that is designed correctly this is simple to do and you will get high output, yet clean sound"?
Thanks
yes, your component sets come with crossovers, the tweeter and the midbass/range driver hook up to the output of the crossover and the amp hooks up to the in, i have several different crossovers laying around in the garage i can shoot a pic real quick if you like... 4 ch amp is what you need to run 4 tweeters and 4 6.5s

as far as the 10" or 8" what I mean is, if the box is built properly and matched with the correct amount of power for the woofer and box, then it will sound amazing for such a small woofer, im doing a box for my big bro (to go in his big rig), 1 single 8, that will sound like at least a 12" when all said and done, mind you this box is much bigger than what you would expect for an 8" but i have the space under the bottom bunks in the sleeper...

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
Thanks for the video! Very informative and appreciated. I want to keep it as cost affective yet affective..make sense? I have spent a bunch on the car and basically im sick of spending lol. I bought a deh hd44 pioneer head and was thinking about something along these lines for speakers(doors,tweeters) i like the cost and they come recomended http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/c..._viewItem.asp?idProduct=17572&sku=13051&src=g
Then havent decided about the rear yet,im sure an 8 would be sufficient for bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor