G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Is he following a pattern or does rut got him unpredictable?
No pattern, can't figure out where he lives. Have three cameras, on three different properties, all different owners, 2/3 mile between them. Pics on each camera. All at night, one had two pics right at as there was a tickle of daylight, 30 mins before sunrise. Think he might be hanging out in a swamp between two of the properties. Don't have any more cell cameras to hang. Opening weekend of shotgun is Saturday....

received_813713989435919.jpeg received_1338200516624060.jpeg received_214743787348498.jpeg

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
No pattern, can't figure out where he lives. Have three cameras, on three different properties, all different owners, 2/3 mile between them. Pics on each camera. All at night, one had two pics right at as there was a tickle of daylight, 30 mins before sunrise. Think he might be hanging out in a swamp between two of the properties. Don't have any more cell cameras to hang. Opening weekend of shotgun is Saturday....

View attachment 187209 View attachment 187210 View attachment 187211

He looks like he could be a swamp donkey!

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I got a small buck Saturday morning, been out each day since and have seen the same 2 doe come through and haven't gotten a shot yet. Hopefully today if all goes well. deer.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
He looks like he could be a swamp donkey!
There is a local photographer out my way that loves to shoot (pictures) deer, he had a large one he followed for years and Nick named him swamp donkey... I know the area the photographer has access, so I know it's within a couple of miles of the property I hunt on.. I nearly s#it when I first saw pictures of it. icatchdeers--1582998785678.jpg icatchdeers--1582998786084.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I've been working out of town this week so haven't been able to get out to the property to hunt myself. My mother in law sent me a picture yesterday morning of a doe about 20' off their back deck... Rut makes them dumb. And there has been a lone small buck wandering into their property during daylight recently IMG_20211119_052914.jpg IMG_20211119_052945.jpg

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
First picture is dim, sorry. But if you zoom into the center area, you will see her. That planter is on the deck about 5' from the sliding door.

I still don't know to be embarrassed or not about this, but the last deer I shot, I was out on their property for weeks, saw nothing... Finally last day I was gonna be able to be out there, it was nearing legal shoot and I was pissed, came into their house and started to unload my rifle, my father in law said "don't unload it just yet, sometimes they walk through right at legal limit". Sure enough about 10 minutes later a doe walks down the tree line you can see in the back of the dim photo.. I shot it from inside the house, at the dining room table at about 50 yards.... Could have just sat in the house the whole time versus the cold and windy hedgerow.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
First picture is dim, sorry. But if you zoom into the center area, you will see her. That planter is on the deck about 5' from the sliding door.

I still don't know to be embarrassed or not about this, but the last deer I shot, I was out on their property for weeks, saw nothing... Finally last day I was gonna be able to be out there, it was nearing legal shoot and I was pissed, came into their house and started to unload my rifle, my father in law said "don't unload it just yet, sometimes they walk through right at legal limit". Sure enough about 10 minutes later a doe walks down the tree line you can see in the back of the dim photo.. I shot it from inside the house, at the dining room table at about 50 yards.... Could have just sat in the house the whole time versus the cold and windy hedgerow.
No shame in that, I've shot out of my house before. My wife tells me it's the redneck in me coming out 🤣

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

There is a set of horns on my wall from a buck that is now called "The Window Buck".

When you live in the country you have to keep an eye out the windows when hunting season is in!

• Haha

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Tipped this one over tonight around 4PM.
6 points, est weight 140ish. Weigh station closed so will have to officially check him in tomorrow.
160yards, heart shot so no tracking required.
IMG_1669.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor