I am new here from switzerland with a 1978 Monte Carlo!

alex21278

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
Switzerland
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Wow, Switzerland! Your Monte Carlo looks to be in really nice shape. It must be a real head turner there being an American Old School vehicle. I'm sure if you post a list of things you need there will be some guys here with the parts however, I'm sure shipping will be a killer. Good Luck with your build. We all would like to see your progress.
thank you and oh yes, everyone is looking always when i drive by, but there are also many other american classic cars on the road there in switzerland during summertime, we got quite a big community here as well that collects them

Reactions: 5 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
IMG-20240102-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20240108-WA0004.jpg
chevrolet-monte-carlo-v8
That's a slick Monte, and I do love red interior! I'm glad to see that people so far from us enjoy these old cars so much and take such good care of them. We're glad to have you aboard the forum, welcome home.

Reactions: 3 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It sounds like you might need to organize an American Classic Car Show this summer. And of course, get pictures.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, good looking car you got there

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
That's a slick Monte, and I do love red interior! I'm glad to see that people so far from us enjoy these old cars so much and take such good care of them. We're glad to have you aboard the forum, welcome home.
Agreed! Super clean interior. Power windows & Rallye gauges w/what looks to be a crack-free dash! Cha-ching.....

Reactions: 1 user

alex21278

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
Switzerland
thank you, yes the red is a really nice color and adds to the interior. here in europe we have a lot of american cars that we take care of and try to preserve and keep original as much as possible. the love for american cars here in switzerland goes back all the way to the 50s where we had 2 switzerland car factories putting together american cars, chrysler coporation would send the parts to the factory and they would be built there and sold to the swiss public, mostly valiants but also imperials, today, those swiss built american cars are worth a fortune here

Reactions: 4 users

alex21278

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
Switzerland
Agreed! Super clean interior. Power windows & Rallye gauges w/what looks to be a crack-free dash! Cha-ching.....
its got some nice options to it, power windows and locks, power antenna, power trunk, power seats, power adjustible mirrors, ac, rear defog, its only missing the cruise control option but i can live with that haha

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor