I'm seriously considering buying this 85 elco but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It's a southern car no motor or transmission the front has been replaced and the Truck bed side has rust right through.
1)Is this truck bed piece that needs replacing going to be a big mess inside when the piece gets cut out?
2) Is this a place these elco's are known to have hidden rust issues?
3) Are those rear light plastic covers still available?

Are these Missing trim pieces available still?

It's mainly rust free from what I can see - except under the rear window - (where the water goes from there idk but hoping I can get some advice from you guys that know these vehicles

He wants $2999 Canadian for it

I do have a motor transmission that would fit right in..

Attachments

• Elco1.jpg
    Elco1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Elco2.jpg
    Elco2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 830

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
I agree. 3K for a 27 year old "shell" is a bit much, seen certifiable working better condition ones for around $2k on Kijiji over the past few months.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Too much in my opinion...looks like it has a pre 82 front fender on the RH side...or has the complete front clip been swapped?

I picked up the one below running driving for $2000

p9280003.jpg

p9280004.jpg

Turns out it's a Royal Knight in hiding...

15again

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2012
Thats alot of bread for that one. I paid $1300 for mine that was tagged and running.

Good Luck

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
way to much I paid 2900 for a 1987 cutlass with a engine trans and had very low milage. you can find alot better for 3000 dollars hell I wouldnt give the guy 400 dollars for that :wink: dont rush it let her find you trust me take your time mabey travel a bit and you will find it . it will just hit you

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
YGspider said:
way to much I paid 2900 for a 1987 cutlass with a engine trans and had very low milage. you can find alot better for 3000 dollars hell I wouldnt give the guy 400 dollars for that :wink: dont rush it let her find you trust me take your time mabey travel a bit and you will find it . it will just hit you

I guess I will wait and see what comes up, I need to find something with no rust, the one I have is one rotted spot after another. I've now seen numerous ways guys hide rust and bondo and I wont fall for that stuff, I need something from the south..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor