Is this heat soak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all so today I was letting my cutlass warm up and it does its normal popping sound which I think is cause I have no cats and true duals but that's not the problem today I let it it warm up my car has a 350 sbc with long tube headers and they are close to the starter the car sat running for about 5 minutes did a little revs then turned it off so we could talk then my friend went to start it and it make a really bad clicking sound and wasn't turning over. Then I tried and it turned over and started like normal.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Timing is set close it starts up like a champ every time even in the cold. I just never had it running for long periods of time

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Not to hijack the thread, but why use a ford solenoid? I assume there's a good reason, but I don't know it.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Could be yes.. But if 5 minutes is all it takes, your headders way too close to the starter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor