island (hawaii) part woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
So I start tearing into my 8.5 rear to change the bearings and seals before I put in my wagon, so I do one side no problem change the seal and the bearing check out the axle all good put in back in, the other side turned out to be not so good the seal was already leaking but in was a different size, turns out it has a rear axle repair kit it moves the bearing outward so you can reuse an axle that had a groove worn in it from a bad bearing, sure enough looking at the axle it had happened in the past, so I figure just change the seal and put the axle back as the bearings still looked good, turns out the manufacture does not sell the seal separate??? and it has no part # on it ****ers, so you cant cross reference it, for all I know one from a suzuki samarai would of fit. So I said the hell with that and pull that crap off and change the seal and bearing figuring that I'll buy a new axle, turns out no one has one in this state used or new, hows them pineapples! only one place even had a listing in the comp (o'reilly's), and it took 30min and me helping them to find it! kept trying to sell me cv shafts! and they can probably get it used but they would have to check with their mainland partners, they took my number and said they would call me after they get a availability check. Man I love hawaii but sometimes it gets irritating, then I wake up in the middle of winters and it's 75 degrees and sunny and then not so much anymore :D

wade

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
Check with Rich at M&M Speed, He has at least One other customer in Hawaii that he ships parts to. I know he's got several rears, and I think he has pulled some axles for stock, but I'm not sure. I was down there last week, and stripped a 79 Elco for him, and I know I saw some axles. http://mandmspeed.com/ Or call:1-888-327-0454. mickey-d :lol:

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
mickey-d thanks for the heads up, I just dropped him a line hopefully it'll work out. So far the prices I got as follow's

o'reilly's $200 shipped 7-10 days

summit $148.90 2nd day air back ordered until 10/11/10

both sources are new axle's, I don't mind used as long as it's in good condition. Keeping my fingers crossed!

wade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor