Junkyards In Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone know of any good junkyards in Minnesota to go to? The only one I really know of is the u-pull in east bethel. I am kind of looking for the type you can browse the lot and pull parts. I have quite a bit of spare time and wouldn't mind browsing through some junkyards. I live just south of Blaine so if theres some around there thats great but I don't mind driving either. Also it's not that far to Wisconsin so if theres any right across the border that would be fine too.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
That sounds like a good one. I forgot about french lake auto and heard about windy hill. I also have a 1970 chevelle and I am into older cars so I want to find some of those yards too. Anyone else know of any good ones?

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
Windy Hill crushed a lot, not much for g bodies

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Roadside Salvage in Erhard had 4 regular montes, 2 SS's, 2 cutlasses, one T top regal, a GP, and a malibu.

Supercars Reso in Rothsay has 1 Cultass, 1 caballero, and about 30 F bodies from 1st to 5th gen and some other rarer GM stuff.

Rohners in Wilmar is good for trim, and fenders but not so good for interiors or big stuff.

BlackBetty

Apprentice
Dec 9, 2010

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Wow thanks everyone. A lot of great leads, but some of them are kind of far out (like 3 hours) but that's no problem as I probably won't be checking any of them out till spring. Good road trip time. I suppose though that a lot of people complain about them nowadays so that's probably why they have them out in the middle of nowhere.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
BlackBetty said:
highway 101 auto salvage is in hopkins a little far from you but closer than duluth and they usually have a few gbodies there

http://www.hwy101autosalvage.com/

101 is in Savage, not Hopkins... And don't bother going.
They crushed almost everything a few years ago when the price of scrap was way up. There's nothing left.

BlackBetty

Apprentice
Dec 9, 2010
My apologies I was doing three things at once at the time.

I just spoke with some guy at 101 a week or two ago and he said they and some gbodies in there.

Then again before when I asked they said no and I was already there so I looked around and found a monte. To bad it was not in good enough shape for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor