just picked up my dream car

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfloc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
gonzales , CA
hey my name is wolf and i just picked up my 2nd g body. i think im getting addicted to them. i frequent this site quite a bit but i never contribute (mostly for my lack of knowledge) so i figure now would be a good time for an introduction.

here she is. 87 turbo t all stock (for now) shes in pretty decent condtion no visable rust but definatly had some body work. clean interior except no headliner at all (not even the cardboard). runs decent now that it got a tune up (had a misfire when i got her) but i think the trans doesnt have much life left.

i am welcome to any comments questions suggestions and critizism

normal_100_1350.JPG

normal_100_1349.JPG

normal_100_1348.JPG

normal_100_1346.JPG

normal_100_1354.JPG

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
nice!! congrats man.

i know what ya mean on the not posting. i probably stalk in more threads than i post in. haha.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
1st thing you need to do is get a Scanmaster. Without one, you have no idea if the engine is knocking under boost. You will destroy the engine if it's detonating.

Once you get a Scanmaster you can check & moniter the various sensors and make sure they are within spec.

You said it had a miss. I'm assuming you changed plugs & wires. If not, do it. Along with a new PCV valve. Also take the intercooler out & clean it good. Simple Green or Brake-Kleen works good. Keep flushing it out until the cleaner is no longer dirty looking.

Even though it's not black....... welcome to the dark side. :twisted:

Lastly, click these & read your *ss off.

www.turbobuick.com www.gnttype.org

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
nice car man congrats! Black out that trim! haha I think white t's with all the bezels blacked out is sick looking

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
Blake442 said:
Welcome!

I wouldn't mind having a Turbo Buick myself...

who WOULD mind having one? lol

wolfloc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
gonzales , CA
82355supreme - yeah a scan master is next on the list but i was thinking about going with a powerlogger because i have an old laptop i can keep in the car at all times. are there any benefits of having a scanmaster over the powerlogger program?

fodoimp- yeah blackedout trim looks good on white but the parts are really expesive. anyone know if you can paint over the chrome trim?

scot w.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
Seymour, TN
wolfloc said:
82355supreme - yeah a scan master is next on the list but i was thinking about going with a powerlogger because i have an old laptop i can keep in the car at all times. are there any benefits of having a scanmaster over the powerlogger program?

fodoimp- yeah blackedout trim looks good on white but the parts are really expesive. anyone know if you can paint over the chrome trim?
Hi, Nice car BTW!

Yes there is a slight advantage to having the scanmaster over the powerlogger.

1) The scanmaster reads several perameters the powerlogger don't.
2) The scanmaster shows o2 volts & Knock at the same time and is a nice little tool to ALWAYS have on and running while driving.

Powerloggeer PRO's

1) The powerlogger is a great tool for logging runs at the track.
2) The powerlogger is nice for looking at while fine tuning your car.

BOTH are pretty much the norm for most everyone that owns these cars.

Hope this helps

wolfloc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2008
gonzales , CA
scot- thanks for the input after reading your post and doing some research i think i will go ahead will a scanmaster first. oh and are you the guy who makes the led taillights? those are the coolest things ive ever seen. definately near the top of the to-buy list

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor