keep the cutlass or sell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Cutlass2181

Greasemonkey
Jun 3, 2008
so, i just restored my 83 cutlass, and put about 6 grand into it with a purchase of 3 grand, so about 10 grand total. im inheriting about 50,000 around december, or january of next year. i have no doubt that the car will perform well as a daily driver, but older classic cars are awesome to drive, but kind of a pain as a daily driver. i know ill enjoy the spring and summer with the car when t tops come off and all worries go away, but i feel like a need a realistic car to get me to and from school. if i can hold out about a year, i can put it in the garage, and never have to really sell it. i cant come up with some money for another car right now, so im not sure what to do. basically, im looking for reasons not to sell my darling....
Picture003.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well according to what you got in it, I can think of about 10 thousand reasons not to sell. It's definetly a nice ride but you know you will never get that money back out it. Especially with this economy. I say keep it, you'll just hate yourself later if you sell now.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
At max you may get $3500-5,000 for it, not enough in my book if you really like the car. Then again, if you no longer want the car, do it. I am about to sell my AMC with more in it than you have and may only get $2500 for it. I do want to get rid of it though.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Keep it, you'll never get a good price for it, and you'll just regret it the second it drives off down the road.

Especially after all that work you just put into it.

I might add that t-tops are the sh*t in the summer time! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor