Kidney Stone

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well, this seems to have been a success.
Yesterday I checked into a local hospital at 2PM for a laser lithotripsy. Nurses, techs, doc, they were all great. Got into the OR a little late but typical for a busy hospital. Woke up in the recovery room and was home by 9:00. I love same day service. LOL
The doc told me he might not be able to break up the stone last night due to the size. His plan was to put a stent into the kidney, wait a couple of weeks until the inside if the ureter healed up from the irritation and go in at that point. Honestly I wasnt too happy when he told me that since Ive been dealing with this thing for a while and it was a little sore. When I woke up the nurse told me the stent was in and the stone was out.
The doc spoke to my wife and daughter in the waiting room. It went easier than he expected. He also told my wife the stone was huge. So, in two weeks he pulls the stent in his office and Im good to go. Im hoping this will be it for a while. Getting tired of this health crap.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Yup those little stones hurt alot! Been thru two episodes and passed them. 1st time was pure agony. Glad yours came out ok.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Since Im sitting here reading all the other posts I figured I'd update my own.
Thought this would be easy. SMH.
Friday morning I had to call the urologist. Seems like I was getting a bladder infection. Very uncomfortable. I knew it could happen. Called the office and spoke to the doc. He called in a script for a different antibiotic. Figured I was good to go. Mid afternoon I started getting pain in the right side that radiated to my back. Hurt like hell. Called the doc back. His office had closed for the day but the service said he would call me by the end of the day or Sat AM. Not something I wanted to hear since I was in a decent amount of pain.
By 7PM I was really hurting. My son came over and at that point he felt I should go to the ER in the hospital where I had the procedure done. While I was putting on my shoes the urologist finally called. He went on to tell me that I can have pain like that for up to 4 weeks on and off because the broken pieces of stone were still in the ureter. WTF ??? He told me he got the stone out. Never knew he left pieces in there. He called in another script for some pain meds. After the first dose pain subsided and I was out like a light.
Yesterday I woke up pretty early. No pain. As soon as I rolled over to get out of the bed I got hit with the spins. Vertigo. Couldnt walk down the hallway without my wife helping me. Felt like my insides were going to come out of my mouth. Dry heaves. It sucked. My wife and son say its common after being put under. Not something I would know. LOL
So another script for an antivert. Three pills and its totally gone. Again, WTF ????? When I woke up this morning I was afraid to open my eyes but so far I feel fine. Im hoping nothing else happens !!! Great way to end the year !!!
Just the other day I read about some 41 year old woman that went into the hospital to have a stone removed and got some crazy infection. Had to have both legs and arms amputated. After that story Im glad I just have what I have.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor