L/R turn Signal not working

Dec 23, 2023
I have a 1985 Monte Carlo Luxury Sport,done away with tilt steering column,I now install a straight steering column from a 1984 cutlass ,all lights are working accept my turn signal,I also installed a new gbody turn signal harness,the original fuse box has no flasher fuse,can a non tilt column work?

Last edited:

PVDave

Apprentice
Oct 28, 2021
Arvada, CO
I now install a straight steering column from a 1984 cutlass
Including all electrical parts, or did you use parts off the Monte column?
I also installed a new gbody turn signal harness
A harness on the body side, or the column side? If it was the column side, did the harness include a switch assembly?
the original fuse box has no flasher fuse
Did you also change fuse boxes? If so, does the new fuse box have a flasher fuse?
can a non tilt column work?
Of course- The tilt column was an optional upgrade, so the factory had both types available.
Tilt columns do use a different turn signal switch, and some year columns did not include a wiper/washer switch, but with the correct components a G-body column is plug and play.

Reactions: 1 user
Dec 23, 2023
Including all electrical parts, or did you use parts off the Monte column?

A harness on the body side, or the column side? If it was the column side, did the harness include a switch assembly?

Did you also change fuse boxes? If so, does the new fuse box have a flasher fuse?

Of course- The tilt column was an optional upgrade, so the factory had both types available.
Tilt columns do use a different turn signal switch, and some year columns did not include a wiper/washer switch, but with the correct components a G-body column is plug and play.
Where is the signal flasher located,my fuse box don’t have the silver plug in type flasher,that’s just a blank space,you see here on the photo,my fuse is good

Attachments

• IMG_3943.png
    IMG_3943.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor