Leaky T-Tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackboy23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2009
Always near Chicago
Solutions for fixing leaky t-tops. What is the best rust inhibitor on the market..

Is Por-15 all it is cracked up to be or is there something better and hopefully cheaper.. Just got full floorpans welded in and let the car sit out in the rain today to see exactly where the leaks where, and now I need to know tricks and tips for the best repair from others who experienced it.

Thanks in Advance..

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
all new seals and check for bad rust areas... that's about all you can do.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
check the corners of the windshield area where the t top plates cover. When i bought my 442 I thought they were solid but after taking the plates off i found they were rotted pretty bad. And from experience that por 15 works pretty well, but so does rustoleum thats what i used to paint my floors after i was finished welding them in and seam sealing the welds.

svltrack

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2009
I think the only solution is to not drive in the rain or park your car outside. Sort of a half joke, half truth. These things just plain suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor