Look its Oldsnowbile

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
My dad sent me this today,Here's a pic of my poor car sitting out side in the Ohio Weather. Sad part is it has snow is inside to.

Its depressing really, in the few months i have had it and been away, my entire floor falling out, the firewall is about to fall out, the frame about to fall apart in the rear, the rear bumper has a large rust hole in the middle.( i rhino guarded the inside and undercarriage everywhere before i went to school too :wtf: ) i've had it for a year now and haven't even driven it past 5 mph( or down a complete town block), it running but i haven't got to hear it run in ten months. i have dropped almost $3000 in it now. Every thing i do to get closer to my dream car, seems always for nothing. Oh yeah it also has a Big Azz crease in the drivers side door because my sister backed into it with her new car.

I think my car is trying to give up. Is it even worth trying to fix it up?

To give a visual aid as to how bad the floor is, i dropped a 3 ft. tape measure in the car at Christmas and it fell through the floor.

Attachments

• 0205141912 (1).jpg
    0205141912 (1).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 455

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
It's worth what you are willing to put into it and what someone is willing to give you for it. Sounds like my Monte SS when I bought it. $20000 later I still need a paint job, and a few other things to make it "my dream G-body". Will I ever get that much out of it....never, but I built it for me and have no plans of ever selling it. If you choose to repair what you are describing be prepared to pay (a lot) unless you can do that stuff yourself. I started on mine in 2000, got it back on the road 10 years later.

Good luck

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
id say strip what is salvageble and can be transplanted onto another cutty(motor,trans,interior,bumper covers,etc) build up motor trans,prep other parts in order to transfer,and come out west to the gbody capital and have your pick of many rust free cuttys,(under 2k)and start over.damn i feel for you :(

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Don't drive them in Ohio winters. Road salt dissolves cars.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
Don't drive them in Ohio winters. Road salt dissolves cars.
That's the thing though, it hasnt left that spot in the picture, except when i was in the garage. It hasn't seen a road in just over 9 months.

Sounds like my Monte SS when I bought it. $20000 later I still need a paint job, and a few other things to make it "my dream G-body". Will I ever get that much out of it....never, but I built it for me and have no plans of ever selling it. If you choose to repair what you are describing be prepared to pay (a lot) unless you can do that stuff yourself. I started on mine in 2000, got it back on the road 10 years later.

lucky i have the skills to do all the work myself, and i am willing spend all that money in it. I have no plans of ever selling it, its the only thing i have earned and never sold to help my parents. I have worked my *ss off for this car. Its just heartbreaking, that's all. ( the car was in ten times better shape 4 months ago)

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
I would donate a very nice 87 shell. Car was from nc. Right now my intentions are to use it for sawzall practice :D

If you want it... You just need to pick it up

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
Thats a nice stand up offer right there. Are you two close enough to make it happen?

To the original poster tho. All that rot didn't happen in 4 months. Its been festering and hiding on you. Its been going on for years if its as bad as you describe.

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
I am in western new York. Give or take Ohio is only a few hours of a drive in each direction.

Easily a one day trip of driving out and loading up for a return trip.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
Thank you for that generous offer, but i would have no way to even get it, and their is no room for it backhome either(my car is currently taking up space, mom has her van parked up front on the street because of my car)

and besides i only have $250 to live off of each month, that would kill all that and then some in just gas

Thanks for the offer though.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's a generous offer, and a viable solution to getting your car back together again. It sounds like your Cutlass has become a parts car, clearly from the description of it. You might seriously consider picking up that body shell if you have a strong attachment to your car. Or the other solution is to find another complete driver and transform the best parts out of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor