OLDS Lordy Lordy Look Who's 40!!...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Happy Birthday week to my 84 H/O #19. Build date week of 11E, last week of November 1983. Converted at C&C on 12/01/83.

This is the original owner lady who bought it new back in 1984 from H.E. Miller, North Kansas City, MO. It sat in their showroom for nearly 6 months before she traded in her big Oldsmobile for it.
original owner 84 ho.jpg

She gave it to her son later on and bought her a new, big FWD Olds later on.

84honew10.jpg

He eventually traded it in for a truck, IIRC, and then it ended up with some guy in middle Missouri, who put it on eBay in 1999. For funsies, not thinking I would win, I threw up a low-ball bid and actually won the darn thing!

Actual crummy Ebay ad picture I saved for whatever reason.
my84hurst.jpg

So I ended up with it, so I figured I'd simply toss some brakes and tie-rods on it, etc., and drive it until the wheels fell off.

Got into the brakes, and found a broken front spring. Then while I was in there...it ended up being a slew of might-as-wells....and then I ended up going through it:
inshop3.jpg

I was scared when I first saw this. Car almost looked white in the paint booth.
inshop5.jpg

It's first car show since the re-birth. Kissimme, FL. Got the long-distance drive award and beat out the 83 H/O sitting next to it for first place in the class. The 83 belonged to a local who always won the G-body class at shows, and some other locals came up to me and said they were glad someone finally knocked him off his perch. That wasn't the goal, but it felt kinda good that it was a good enough half-azz resto job to beat out the others that day.
84ho.jpg

Of course, a trip to visit Bristol Raceway during the H/O meet never hurt. The bank angles are huge at Bristol.
84hobristol.jpg

The 2004 H/O meet was fun. Got its first ride around the Indy track.
DSC00179.JPG

Happy Birthday 84 H/O #19!!!

84 hurst olds three fourths front.JPG

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 13 users

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Oh my, feels like yesterday I just swapped out the plates on my 84 for collector plates. In mn can change to collectors when the vehicle reaches 20yrs old. Saves from buying tabs every yr. I did that 20 yrs ago.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor