LS Powered Monte Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Small update. Got the fuel system all hooked up, tanks in the car and all the wiring for the pump ran. Ive now started to button up the cooling system. I picked up a 2 core aluminum rad with 1 inch cores. The rad is a allstar performance rad, and its the same piece a friend of mine runs in his stock car... keeps his car cool for 30 laps so should work just fine for me. Have to get a nipple put in it for the steam tube on the ls heads to connect to yet. Also started working on the electric fan setup. I found a set of dual fans from a wrecked Toyota that should work mint. Finally took a trans cooler from a 90s 2500 GMC pickup that I mounted in front of the rad. Should get some pics up shortly!

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Here are some pics of the rad/fan set-up. I cut the Toyota dual fan shroud and my stock fan shroud and am in the process of tying the 2 together. Gonna work perfect since it seals the rad in perfectly so it will pull a lot of air through the rad.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Nice bulid man. Cant wait to start my ls swap.

I hope you dont mind if i ask you for advice now and then :D

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
L.A.X-RATED said:
niCE.toyota???? what model toy?

Lol yes its definitely from a toyota. Says right on the shroud.... not sure what model but it use to have a overflow tank on it. Im thinking maybe a tacoma or one of the suv's. Fits perfect and moves a pile of air :D

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Thought id post some pictures of the finished rad and fan setup on the Monte. Made a couple brackets to connect the fans to the top part of the original shroud. also ended up using the stock truck upper and lower rad hoses with some modification. Had to shorten both to work. I ended up putting a sleeve in the upper and connecting the steam tube from the heads to the sleeve in the upper rad hose. Turned out better than I thought. Also think the fans are from a 04-10 Toyota sienna van. Fit the rad perfect.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
documented in my lq9 "how-to's"!!!thanks for the toy model clarification on the fans :wink:

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
Some more updates on the Monte. Got the Victor Jr intake and MSD 6010 box installed. Made a bracket for the box on the passenger inner fender. Also got my tach and gauges installed and wired. Used the Autometer adapters to connect the temp sender and oil pressure gauges to the LS. Basically just need a carb now to fire it up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor