Malibu dash swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2009
Surrey, BC, Canada
Hey, i got a 1983 Pontiac Grand LeMans that im using as a parts car. im attempting to put that dash into my 79 malibu wagon. any tips?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I say go for it. I also have a GP dash that I've been planning to put into my Malibu wagon. Although, I would like to install a set of after market gauges in it before doing the swap. Unfortunately I'm out of work and money is tight right now.
If you plan to use the Pontiac gauges, make sure you also use the dash wiring harness and possibly the fuse box as well.
Then you could always install the GP sport gauge pack (tach, temp, oil press.,etc.)
It also would be a good idea to obtain a Pontiac wiring diagram.

bb89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2009
Surrey, BC, Canada
yea, i got all that. i have a 83 lemans as a parts car, so im taking everything out of it. just not sure if the fuse box will plug into the existing front harness..

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You might also want to remove the harness from the firewall (fusebox) forward. That's what I'd do. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor