New 78-87 Monte Carlo, and El Camino / 78-83 Chevy Malibu InVision Digital Dash Model 7005 - AutoMeter

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey, guys. I was asked if I'd share this with you all. --GP403

Introducing latest Autometer innovation: the InVision digital dash designed specifically for the Chevy G- Body. This state-of-the-art dash offers an impressive feature set we are confident your community would appreciate. I invite you to explore our website (link below) or take a look at the snapshot details below featuring our popular INVISION LCD DASH KIT, 78-87 tailored to your platform that FITS the following applications:
  • 1978 TO 1987 MONTE CARLO
  • 1978 TO 1987 EL CAMINO
  • 1978 TO 1983 MALIBU, DIRECT FIT DIGITAL DASH
https://www.autometer.com/invision-...el-camino-malibu-direct-fit-digital-dash.html (Once open don’t forget to check out the video at bottom of thread.)

Feature Points
  • Direct-fit instrumentation solution for 1978 to 1983/87 Chevy G-Body (Monte Carlo, El Camino, and Chevy Malibu, see above for exact fit)
  • Monitors the speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, oil pressure, water temperature, and volts all in one place.
  • 12.3” Modern LCD display
  • Four user Selectable screens
  • Optimizes user Interface with set up using the included Joystick-No computer needed.
  • Includes universal wiring harness and sending units for water temperature and oil pressure.
  • Direct fit Injected Molded Mounted Solution Included
  • Speedometer easily calibrates to OEM, aftermarket, or GPS vehicle speed sensors.
  • Tachometer is capable of calibrating to many engine types (1-12 cylinders)

autometer2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Interesting....not my cup o' tea, but looks like the regal guys want it.

I am a little put off by marketing something and not having the tech support to know the nuances of your intended market. They are lost on 78-81.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Interesting....not my cup o' tea, but looks like the regal guys want it.

I am a little put off by marketing something and not having the tech support to know the nuances of your intended market. They are lost on 78-81.
A lot of the parts guys forget the '78-'81 cars ever exisited. Like an extention of the Cutlass Supreme. But in a slight defense those don't have a spot for the wiper switch in the face plate.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I have used and will continue to use AutoMeter products however this particular item is clearly not intended for me, as I feel it's completely wrong for the style of vehicle it's going into. The interface first reminds me of computer games which makes the experience awkward since I also feel that gauges need to be 3 dimensional with real moving parts. With this display the gauges look similar to the setup that was in a VW Passat I was renting and I hated everything about that car. If going digital then the existing LCD units look better in my opinion (which nobody asked for), but it's good that companies are maintaining interest in the vehicles we love.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have used and will continue to use AutoMeter products however this particular item is clearly not intended for me, as I feel it's completely wrong for the style of vehicle it's going into. The interface first reminds me of computer games which makes the experience awkward since I also feel that gauges need to be 3 dimensional with real moving parts. With this display the gauges look similar to the setup that was in a VW Passat I was renting and I hated everything about that car. If going digital then the existing LCD units look better in my opinion (which nobody asked for), but it's good that companies are maintaining interest in the vehicles we love.
I on the other hand would have been very interested in this and what I was trying to work out before I went with the Dakota's, when I saw these released at SEMA I was so jacked because I do like the customization of them. It's funny that Dakota tries to sell you their digital screen version and how great it is, but is literally just a small square in the gauges themselves that has little customization

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I on the other hand would have been very interested in this and what I was trying to work out before I went with the Dakota's, when I saw these released at SEMA I was so jacked because I do like the customization of them. It's funny that Dakota tries to sell you their digital screen version and how great it is, but is literally just a small square in the gauges themselves that has little customization
We haven't interacted much but I actually thought of you when I saw this since it seemed to be your style based upon what I've seen you post. I do agree that being able to customize things is a huge selling point.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
We haven't interacted much but I actually thought of you when I saw this since it seemed to be your style based upon what I've seen you post. I do agree that being able to customize things is a huge selling point.
Haha, yeah I love making more trouble for myself

• Haha

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Love my Dakota digital reproduction of the MC SS gauge cluster.... except the little LCD message centers displaying PRNDL, odometer, etc... the LCDs don't work in winter temperatures.

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Love my Dakota digital reproduction of the MC SS gauge cluster.... except the little LCD message centers displaying PRNDL, odometer, etc... the LCDs don't work in winter temperatures.
Well that sucks.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor