mass backing carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Should I get mass backing on my carpet or is it a bad idea, would it make the carpet too thick to install easily

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Crd80BU said:
Should I get mass backing on my carpet or is it a bad idea, would it make the carpet too thick to install easily

Someone please reply:(:(
I'm going to get mass backing on my carpet for the sound deadening but if it interferes with the gas pedal or some other issue could anyone let me know??

DutchmanZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2013
Use the mass backed. That's what factory carpet is plus it is extra insulating for noise and heat. It's molded to the floor so it only needs trimming around the edges. Rockauto.com had the best price on ACC brand

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
Agreed, get the mass backed. It shouldn't interfere with anything, I know mine didn't, and I think you'll be happier with it.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Nuff said I'm going with mass backing,

Thx

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
i went with the mass backing carpet also. I also picked a slightly darker tan/brown color than what came on the stock tan interior cars. Looks great.
Was a b*tch to install though. I did it in the spring when it wasnt very hot out so the sun wouldn't heat it up enough to remove the folds from shipping.
I had to put a couple of space heaters on it and next to it, to get it back to the right molded shape.
either way, i would pick it simply because of the sound deadening

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Had this acc carpet shipped from rock auto, forgot my 5% off code and those dicks wouldn't credit my account, the carpet is OK I think was worried initially with all the carpet tailing that came out of the box and 1 piece looked damaged but after combing it it looked right

Trust me unpack these outside I had carpet fibers everywhere

The beast off to the mechanics to get her in running shape

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    483.2 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    433.6 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    603.8 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 473
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor