Mudflaps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Cutlass2181

Greasemonkey
Jun 3, 2008
i just got a dual exhaust system with chrome tips coming out behind the rear tires at a 45 degree angle. this causes my tips to essentially be sandblasted from my tires. what have you guys done about this? clean them every day? is there a very small mud flap that i can install that wouldnt look ugly?

longhorncutlass

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
Texas
I never have liked mudflaps on G-body or A-body Cutlasses. I'd say just wipe the chrome tips off when they're dirty (and cooled down).

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
This just kinda popped into my head. I wonder how wrapping them with clear packing tape would hold up? I really dont think the tail pipes are that hot when it gets to the end, so I would think it wouldnt burn off. You might have to change the tape every one or two weeks, but it should keep them looking nice.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the way I see it if you want a car that looks great all the time you need to park it...personally I think a car is meant to be driven...

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
dan2286 said:
This just kinda popped into my head. I wonder how wrapping them with clear packing tape would hold up? I really dont think the tail pipes are that hot when it gets to the end, so I would think it wouldnt burn off. You might have to change the tape every one or two weeks, but it should keep them looking nice.

Are you nuts???? Grab the end of of an exhaust pipe after a 5+ mile drive & let me know what happens. :roll:

Keep a good, healthy dose of Mothers Chrome polish/wax on them at all times and they will clean up with ease. Stay off pea gravel too.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
I have small black flaps on mine with "chrome" Oldsmobile script on them.
The script has worn off, though.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It won't hurt the chrome - just keep them polished if you are worried about it. I'm personally not a fan of mudflaps, so I deal with the little bit of extra work that comes along with not having them. If I ever get around to painting my car, I *may* have a different opinion on them though LOL

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Where can you find a descent pair of mudflaps though? Say with Oldsmobile script on them? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor