My 1983 Regal *10/13/08* The car is Gone! Pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
that is awesome!! keep up the good work!! 8)

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
how are you going to finish the trunk? are you going to paint it or what?

cheetahron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2008
Annville, Pa
thanks again, your step by step photo's really help, luved the way you notched frame, BTW what kind of bags are you useing? are they air ride tech? Nice Ride, whats next? 8)

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
looks like we are running about the same motor except mine is prolly only a 350.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
bourbon said:
2000.malibu.ls said:
bourbon said:
thanks, it uses the stock latch and location. the car is actually a light tan. and i am going to repaint it, but that will be a while.

wow It looks pure white, so what the next step? cause you move really rapidly Ive noticed lol

i made it pur white for ya, also shaved everything including the top and rocker strip. work will commence again tomorrow night, getting the sheet metal for the trunk hopefully tomorrow.

shavedRegal.jpg

This son of a b**ch is looking good. I shaved my drip rails around the windows and if you take the chrome strip off the top of the door, the weather stip comes off the chrome piece and you can screw that back to your door. Oh but you have to take the door glass out.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
daffy said:
looking good homie. i cant wait till i get all the necessary work done on my car so i can start on the fun stuff.
thanks

jonnyslick said:
Looking good man.

I really would like to see that car dripped in a Pearl White. Lots of coats and lots of clear to make it look deep, like a bowl full of Carnation Instant Breakfast. 8)
that could work, but ONLY if girls would want to to lick it!

3XBrownCutty said:
that is awesome!! keep up the good work!! 8)
i will try!

78mali350 said:
how are you going to finish the trunk? are you going to paint it or what?
gonna frame out the floor with 1x1 and sheet it then. I think i am going to make a mount for my sons wagon then also, then it will all get sprayed with black bedliner.
DSCN0509.jpg

cheetahron said:
thanks again, your step by step photo's really help, luved the way you notched frame, BTW what kind of bags are you useing? are they air ride tech? Nice Ride, whats next? 8)
i am using slam re6's, gonna switch to universal airs in the back though for more lift. gotta finish the trunk then flip the hood, shaved the rest of everything, then overt the winter, suicide the doors, kill the half top and rocker panels and get it in primer i hope.

2000.malibu.ls said:
looks like we are running about the same motor except mine is prolly only a 350.
well then, we arent running the same motor then now are we? lol j/k i may even sell that motor, i could use the money to do something else to the car.

Rockstar said:
This son of a b**ch is looking good. I shaved my drip rails around the windows and if you take the chrome strip off the top of the door, the weather stip comes off the chrome piece and you can screw that back to your door. Oh but you have to take the door glass out.
thanks, i will check it out.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
naw with that hood you need a big motor that stupid v6 aint gunna impress nobody. lol you should get fiberglass doors and make gull wing doors, wait as low as that thing sits you would have to crawl in! lol. When I first read it I didnt think suiside would look very good but thinking more, It should look prety cool with the reverse hood and trunk!

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
2000.malibu.ls said:
naw with that hood you need a big motor that stupid v6 aint gunna impress nobody. lol you should get fiberglass doors and make gull wing doors, wait as low as that thing sits you would have to crawl in! lol. When I first read it I didnt think suiside would look very good but thinking more, It should look prety cool with the reverse hood and trunk!

yeah but i dont really care about speed, i would like some more power which i can get with my 6 cyl with some bolt ons, just because i cant keep up with 4 cyl s10's going to shows.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
i think you will like the V-8 much better. you make your son's wagon? that is pretty awesome as well. and i think the bedliner is a pretty good idea. Should be easy to keep clean that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor