my 79 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Tell us about the front brake setup... And where did you get the rotors from?

ducky_1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
piqua,ohio
front brakes are stock 94 caprice spindles,calipers ,and rotors. i redriled bolt pattern to 4 3/4 turned hub to fit wheel and drilled the holes in brake surface . i have a mill in my garage and work in a machine shop so i make the cheap parts work for me and look like the are what you can buy.

ducky_1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
piqua,ohio
got the rear end in and rear brakes. got a rolling frame now

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2811.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

DSCN2807.jpg

ducky_1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
piqua,ohio
been working on it alot .mostly body work . finally found the motor i have been looking for about 2 years. 1959 348 chevy for those how dont know what it is.

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2838.jpg

ducky_1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
piqua,ohio
cause when there is a 76mm turbo hanging out in front of it ,it will be one of a kind car.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Very cool! Two thumbs up and that is comeing from a guy who it ill from looking at sbcs. Even without the turbo it would be cool and different. Is the 348 an earlier smaller version of the famed 409? Read an article a while back where I guy poked and stroked a 409 to like 474ci with fully ported heads set up for pump gas. I don't remember the numbers but it made great power. I believe they require more machine work and have more core shift etc to contend with than later blocks but if you get them right with proper cam & porting they can still be competative especially at pump gas compression & rpms. I don't know about block strength for the turbo but turbo or not those porcupine heads will get smiles anywhere you go. Building the intake and the custom A arms big brakes bags etc very cool. One of the most interesting projects I have seen on here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor