My 87 Build & Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
ok well i have always wanted a black g body. i found this car wrecked and this is its story. i would really appreciate all your comments and you guys to answer some of my questions regarding my dream car.

these are pics of it without the new rims on it. i will post even more pics later.

Purty_03.jpg

Purty.jpg

Purty_01.jpg

this is whats in the trunk.

Newbox_01.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I noticed your plates say 87. Wrecked in the front or do you just prefer that style front? Either way thats a nice lookin cutty. Like um without the vinyl myself. Real clean. Can't wait to see more pic's

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
ya, its an 87, i like that front and it was hit by a deer.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
thats cool some people do like that style front more. I prefer the composite's but either way thats a good lookin car you got.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
thanks man. i am very proud of it. i get alot of attention with it, being only 14 and all

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
the paint was really bad since the car sat for 4 years without being moved. this picture proves it. the door is before the quarter is after.
Quarterpanel.jpg

Hoodon2.jpg

Hoodon1.jpg

C10.jpg

C5.jpg

C3.jpg

C2.jpg

C6.jpg

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
thanks. now can u guys help me with a couple questions?

i am planning on building a 350 bored .060" with 10.2:1 pistons, XE262 cam, edlebrock airgap intake, and holley 750 carb. what do i have to do to get that engine set in there? can i buy the motormounts i need?

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
It is already a v8 car. Unless you want to put in a chevy engine, (and I cant understand why you would want to do that) a Oldsmobile 350/403 will drop right in there no problem.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
You can see by the pics it has an Olds motor in it now. At that age especially most just follow the herd so to speak as they have no practical experience with other power plants and or anything else to take into consideration. At 14 he probably does not know anything about the Olds 350/403 just what he commonly sees and in Jegs etc. jonny welcome and ask away as its better and cheaper to shorten the learing curve with the benefits of others experience at any age.

fwiw you don't buy 10.2-1 pistons you buy generally speaking 10-1 I'll use the term rated pistons based on a particular head. You have to actually measure the piston head volume, piston cc etc as seen in this fill in the blank calculator. (off to the right hand side) www.kb-silvolite.com. You can cut your block deck and or mill the heads to get to a desired static compression. 10.2-1 requires good quench with pump premium. You should pre determine your goals for this project acquire priceing then make a plan as to what is financially feasable for you. The good thing is you have time and summer & part time pay should be your to set back. Funny how doing the work yourself and saveing the money to make it happen makes you appreciate what you have buit more and wreck or blow it up less. Good luck have fun and ask lots of stupid questions but always do a search first as much of it will have already been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor