My photoshopped 17" Olds wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I still say to save your money for a little longer and get a set of the Intro wheels:

:)

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
565bbchevy I have condidered those Centerlines but no dice. I seen pics ( very hard to find ) of the first one on a car and hated them and I was pretty high on them before seeing those pics too. Now the new Weld's seem pretty cool and I have and still am considering them. I'd want to paint the center spokes gold but I would want their black accents to just be polished aluminum. Will have to see if they would do that though. I'd really want to see pics of them on a car too, but haven't found any.

FE3X CLONE I have considered those wheels as well but I don't like wheels with a smooth lip ( do I got my terminology right? ). Smooth lip wheels just makes the spokes have to be longer and when you combined that with triangular shaped spokes you end up with the 'wagon wheel' effect or simply a look I'm not after. I want a stepped lip wheel which takes up more space.

If there is one thing I've learned about searching for wheels is that they may look great by themselves in the advertisement pics but that does NOT translate to how they will look at different angles, in the size you want, and on your car. I have drooled over wheels only to wince in horror after seeing them on a car....

Now if someone would get off their *ss and produce a nice 17"+ Olds SSIII, then my search would be over. Instead we get 10 different versions of a Magnum 500 wheel :roll: .

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Who makes the ssii wheels on lukes car? Saw them on another board from 2009.

Tirerack shows a set of hurst wheels that look alot like those intros.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
online170 said:
Who makes the ssii wheels on lukes car? Saw them on another board from 2009.

Tirerack shows a set of hurst wheels that look alot like those intros.

Gary Willard designed the billet SSIII wheels but needed 3 buyers to get the wheel company he was dealing with to run a set of them. Never could get those three buyers so the last I heard was he was trying to sell off the prototypes and designs.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
DoubleV said:
OK so I was board and decided to play around with paint which I had no clue how to use so learned as I went. Since the 17" Billet Specialty Street Lite is a wheel I'm considering for my car, I wanted to see what it would look like when given the 442 treatment. Note the color is all wrong because I couldn't find a suitable match;
lookin good there 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor