MONTE CARLO Need A Little Help From The Monte Carlo (Chevy) Gang.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
BLH was found on 80s Impalas, Camaros (305F, G, H, S, and 7), 305H in 85-86 B, 85-86 S10/Blazer with 2.8L, G body Pontiac, 84-86 Montes with 305G, H and 7, and 84-86 Corvettes so far as I can tell. I'm guessing that code has something to do with the calibration of the spark control unit. But I'm not Chevy CCC knowlegeable, so I don't know. Olds doesn't use a separate box.

I'm not even interested in the modules themselves. My only concern was, for those with BLH, they had white labels or black labels. Just wanted to know if the year makes the difference. I'm beginning to think the same part number and code was used, so the only real difference I've seen so far is 85 and 86 have black labels, and 84s have the white one.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I was wondering the same. As far as working on these, I was with a Pontiac Dealer until it closed in 1987, so as far as G Body, we had the GMC Caballero and the Grand Prix. As a tech, never got into labels and such, just ordered required parts from parts room.

It's possible each is different per engine size and type and what it is installed in.

The other possibility is it is just Kan-Ban tracking, as QS9000/ISO9000 came into existence. Even though in early and mid 80s this was still in its infancy.

I know from early 2000s while working with Cummins Engine, certain items were bar coded and scanned which was then tied to the build sheet. If the wrong parts were scanned, a red lamp would flash. At the end of the finishing line, everything with a bar code was scanned again as a last check. It was part of the error proofing scheme.

1988SS

Apprentice
May 9, 2020
Not sure this is much help...but here is my original from a 1988 Monte SS. Not much left of it.

Attachments

• 100_4009.JPG
    100_4009.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 100_4010.JPG
    100_4010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor