New around here, but not to the GBodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyT442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2013
SW Minnesota
Greetings, I wanted to introduce myself!

I'm Davey T, living in the snow covered waist land known as South West Minnesota. Currently residing in Revere, its kinda by Marshall or Redwood Falls.... Grew up in the Twin Cities on the "North Side" Married father of 2, one is 13 (owns a 1981 Malibu 2dr) and a 15 month old. I have been lurking around reading some build and mod threads, and figured it was time to poke my head out and participate

I currently own 2 A/G Bodys

"Rusty" is my 1987 442, blue on blue hardtop, 180k MN miles, 73 olds 350 swap (ported 8 heads, cam, intake, headers, msd, k&n) in front of the original 200-4R and 8.5" 3.73 posi. running stock springs, drop spindles, big sway bars, boxed rear arms, and a few extra gauges to keep me informed. She is in need of a frame off, and was a daily summer driver until I picked up a "foreign" object in the engine :evil: ..... so the tear down will start shortly! I have owned this car 8 years, it has always been in the family, I'm the 3rd owner

"sleeping in the barn" is a 1978 salon 442.... YEA! the uglyiest of them all! :rofl: needs alot of TLC frame is shot, floors are soft... the olds 260 needs to go.... is my next project after Rustys not rusty any more....

"Alex's 'Bu" is a 1981 2dr, factory v6 car. I am in the begining stages of putting a 305 together for a trainer (416 heads and a mild cam) backed by a 200-4R and some good gears (?) He can learn the fun and responsibilty of a V8 car... and not burn a huge hole in is pocket at the pump!

Looking forward to helping/being helped!

Attachments

• wet 442.jpg
    wet 442.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 327

Donutboy97

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2010
Rochester NY
Welcome to the group. Nothing wrong with the 78 442. Had a 78 salon four door as my first car. I miss that car.

DaveyT442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2013
SW Minnesota
Thanks for the welcome! I have lusted after the salon car for years, having a "442 fastback" is pretty cool!
@Donutboy97Was just poking fun at it because of "canceled due to buyer resistance" status! Hopes to get out to the barn and get some pics this weekend.

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
Welcome to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor