New “co” Owner

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Sorry, no answer here from me.
Not true, I now have more knowledge than I did before, so thank you. I can tell following your build thread will be quite informative.

Would you consider selling the old black/silver knobs? I'd like a set simply because I like how they look, and if they are SS specific then they'll match my dash. I have no clue what they're worth, maybe someone else can offer a bit of guidance there.

Reactions: 1 user

WHYTLIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2023
Lincoln, CA
Not true, I now have more knowledge than I did before, so thank you. I can tell following your build thread will be quite informative.

Would you consider selling the old black/silver knobs? I'd like a set simply because I like how they look, and if they are SS specific then they'll match my dash. I have no clue what they're worth, maybe someone else can offer a bit of guidance there.
Let me dig through our bags and boxes of parts and make sure I didn’t toss them. I’ve tried not to throw away anything reusable.

As far as price? Send me your mailing address, and if I have them, consider it an early Christmas gift.

Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
consider it an early Christmas gift.
Wow, that's an awful nice thing for one stranger to do for another. Surely there's something I can send in return.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome back, that is awesome of you to do with your son when you can. Looking forward to it coming together

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Welcome from another "co-owner". In the past month I bought my boy his first car which he has about 4 1/2 years before he can legally drive it, I kinda steered him into it cause of the extras from my car can be used. His is a '79 Monte Landau which he wants to keep as original as possible but wants to fix the factory defect of the one missing floor pedal. He loves rowing the gears of my car's 4 speed.

You've got the round, black/silver knobs like what's in S-10 trucks as opposed to the wedge shaped chrome ones that are more prevalent. Are you sporting an aftermarket (rebuilt) control unit that came with those or did they come factory on all SS models? Trying to research it has been fruitless because it contains "SS".
I'll help you out on this. '86 up Chevy & GMC heater controls had the round knobs as part of the interior refresh. Like older A's, SS seems to be a default for parts & the main model to get parts repoped.

Reactions: 1 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Sub'd to this build. Building up and 84 with my son also. Quality time and it's great to have help!

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I'll help you out on this.
Thank you so much for this! I'm really enjoying learning the fine minutiae that separate each model and year- I now care about things that never mattered to me before.

Last edited:

WHYTLIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2023
Lincoln, CA
Well the LS swap was forced upon us sooner than planned. I think the sad, tired, old, 305” went and got itself a fancy new rod knock for an early Christmas gift.

Got an LQ4 6.0l and 4L80e for the swap.

Had planned on the Hooker 1 7/8” headers, but per Holley they have been discontinued. I’m leaning towards the Speed Engineering ones, no ceramic coating, and possibly some frame modifications to get them to fit.

Also decided to take the plunge and go with a Holley Terminator Max. Once I started looking at a standalone harness (not nearly enough time myself to tackle that along with everything else), a PCM “tune”, and then later tunes for cam or heads/cam or possibly a Whipple in the future, the entry cost of the Terminator didn’t seem as daunting.

Now I’ve gotta work some serious overtime to start paying for these, albeit “fun”, bills.

Merry Christmas, y’all!

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor