New Cutlass Rider out of North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2012
North Florida
Good day everyone... Been following the site as a guest and I must say. I like the love and help everyone shows on this site and I just had to join...
I'm the owner of a 1988 Olds Cutlass Brougham.. I inherited the car with an Olds 350/400 packaged I believe out of a late 70's full size olds and the brougham quarter top removed which i'm contemplating putting back or removing. It runs pretty good now with AC.. I've had the car for about 2 months now and so far(with the help of this site), I've added an electric fan out of a ford v8 thunderbird. The 36mm hollow sway bar upgrade and also the moog 5664 front coil springs(which I will be taking out and re-installing them for the moog 5660 front coils).. Other than that besides a basic tune up that's where I am with the car.. Future mods are-
rear sway bar upgrade along with 3.73 ratio gears
Lt1/4l60 swap
Interio upgrades
Paint/body..

Stay tuned and thanks all in advance for assistance.. I'm open to comments,, it helps to make sure I'm doing things correctly..

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Welcome to the site bro, yea we like to help eachother out around here. That's why I like this sure so much. Post some pics of the car when u can.

PS;n nice to see another Florida boy on the site

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Where in North Florida are you located?

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Welcome and check out the florida members thread. I say swap an ls instead of an lt1

Oz71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2012
North Florida
Hey everyone....
I thought I could upload pics from my mobile device but seems like I'm unable to, so I'll work on that after softball practice...
I'm in Tallahassee.. It's a couple of gbodies around town...
I've been thinking about the LS swap,, just need to do a lot more research before I attempt it.. It'll be a winter time project.. I guess you can say my Xmas gift.. LoL

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Oz71 said:
Hey everyone....
I thought I could upload pics from my mobile device but seems like I'm unable to, so I'll work on that after softball practice...
I'm in Tallahassee.. It's a couple of gbodies around town...
I've been thinking about the LS swap,, just need to do a lot more research before I attempt it.. It'll be a winter time project.. I guess you can say my Xmas gift.. LoL
NOt very difficult in my opinion. Parts are getting less expensive by the minute as 99-up trucks, vans and suv's are hitting the the salvage yards. Plue its a lot more user friendly once everything is up and running.. If you have any ?s just lmk. Also check out,if you havent already, ls1tech.com. On their hybrids and conversions forum, there is athread strictly on gbody ls conversions.I got a lot of info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor