CUTLASS New guy introduction here

FileKnife

n00b
Feb 10, 2024
Just joined here. Hoping to learn more about G body vehicles as i try to get mine into better shape. (She has been parked for about 11 years as life has been busy with other things)
I have a 1981 cutlass supreme. It was my very first car I got just before I turned 16 (I'm 41 now).
When I got her she had a 260 (4.3L) v8. Currently has a 307 out if an early 80's delta (I put in, in 2005) . I am finishing up a 77' 403 (out of a trans-am) to slip into her just to pep things up a little bit. She'll need more love in many other areas, but I'll be happy just to have her back on the road again.

Looking forward to gathering some more knowledge on the B.O.P. line of vehicles.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Welcome to the group, there’s a lot of people with tremendous amount of experience and knowledge here.

Reactions: 3 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Welcome aboard. That’s awesome you still have your first car. Wish I still had mine.

Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Welcome. You came to the right place. A TA 403 project? Awesome! Take lots of pictures.

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GbodyForum!
There are a lot of us here who wish we still had our first car. I know there is quite a bit of sentimental value and plenty of memories to be had as you bring your Cutlass back to life. Take your time, clean and paint everything as it goes back together, pay attention to details and you’ll be very happy with your project. There are a lot of guys here with an extensive knowledge on B.O.P. everything who will be eager to help.

Now let’s see some pictures because contrary to what we said when we were younger, we really were looking at the pictures and NOT reading the articles!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Welcome aboard!

Thank you for sharing your story and giving us a brief meet and greet introduction.

It sounds like you've got the right approach to both your car rejuvenation, and, being a part of our community. Like others, I echo that we all would love to see pictures, both from before you parked it and now.

In addition to our forum(search function is VERY valuable as well) you're in luck as an Oldsmobile owner since you can tap in deeply to 69hurstolds posts and informational writeups.

Also, I hope you feel free to jump into our g-body of the month contests at any opportunity you fit the criteria. Membership duration doesn't matter, and it's not always about the shinier concourse grade cars.

88 Gutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2020
Ga
Welcome to the GBody family. I bought a Cutlass that was parked for many years, it took me almost 3 years to get it back on the road. I have to agree with what was posted, paint and refurbished everything that you can. I started with the things that wouldn’t cost a lot first, like front suspension. I planned to get mine running and driving, then upgrade. There are allot of great how to articles on the forum for upgrades. Good luck with your project and post pictures.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor