Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Main part of the hand rail is in. I took ck80 recommendation and added two posts in the middle, buried into the ground, and concreted into place. Will help the handrail as well...

20230513_142935.jpg

20230513_151334.jpg

Made these brackets at work. Need to modify them slightly then I'll bolt them in place. 10 gauge stainless steel.

20230513_151410.jpg

20230513_151418.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Main part of the hand rail is in. I took ck80 recommendation and added two posts in the middle, buried into the ground, and concreted into place. Will help the handrail as well...

View attachment 220782

View attachment 220792

Made these brackets at work. Need to modify them slightly then I'll bolt them in place. 10 gauge stainless steel.

View attachment 220793

View attachment 220794
Looking good. I should hire you to sink some poles and pour some slabs down here.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I dig the stainless post brackets. Showoff.:mrgreen:
Hey free material and I got to cut it out on our fiber laser. Then had the sheet metal guy bend them up on our 250 ton cnc press brake. Gotta have some benefits to work

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Little more accomplished today. Back story. I obviously poured the slab first. To know where I had to locate it I had to measure and calculate the stringers first. BUT that also requires knowing how much rise you need to cover. Which at that point I only had an idea from ground level to the deck. After pouring, it came up a couple of inches less. No big deal right? Welllll, ends up that changed me from 10 steps to 9, which also shortened the distance out from the deck which meant the stringers wouldn't reach the slab I had just poured. Ooops. So I played with the numbers until I could get 10 steps and get the stringers back on the slab. They landed and all worked out. What it did cause though was the concrete landing that I was planning on being 12" in front of the first step, was only about 7". Way too short and uncomfortable. Definitely a possible trip hazard.
So fall back and punt. Best option was a couple a pavers and taper the lawn out. Good enough for who it's for 🤣

Railing for the stairs will be done in the next couple of weeks.

20230514_150715.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Little more accomplished today. Back story. I obviously poured the slab first. To know where I had to locate I had to measure and calculate the stringers first. BUT that also requires knowing how much rise you need to cover. Which at that point I only had an idea from ground level to the deck. After pouring, it came up a couple of inches less. No big deal right? Welllll, ends up that changed me from 10 steps to 9, which also shortened the distance out from the deck which meant the stringers wouldn't reach the slab I had just poured. Ooops. So I played with the numbers until I could get 10 steps and get the stringers back on the slab. They landed and all worked out. What it did cause though was the concrete landing that I was planning on being 12" in front of the first step, was only about 7". Way too short and uncomfortable. Definitely a possible trip hazard.
So fall back and punt. Best option was a couple a pavers and taper the lawn out. Good enough for who it's for 🤣

Railing for the stairs will be done in the couple of weeks.

View attachment 220851
Don't forget to paint 'do not climb' or some such variant on the risers in 6" lettering around eye-level before all is said and done

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Gotta say, the ACQ in your area looks way better than whats available down here. Even the premium doesnt look that good.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Little more accomplished today. Back story. I obviously poured the slab first. To know where I had to locate it I had to measure and calculate the stringers first. BUT that also requires knowing how much rise you need to cover. Which at that point I only had an idea from ground level to the deck. After pouring, it came up a couple of inches less. No big deal right? Welllll, ends up that changed me from 10 steps to 9, which also shortened the distance out from the deck which meant the stringers wouldn't reach the slab I had just poured. Ooops. So I played with the numbers until I could get 10 steps and get the stringers back on the slab. They landed and all worked out. What it did cause though was the concrete landing that I was planning on being 12" in front of the first step, was only about 7". Way too short and uncomfortable. Definitely a possible trip hazard.

Railing for the stairs will be done in the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 220851
Perfect!! Just what I would have done!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor