New Regal project, or I at least saved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I would be kinda leery about that paintjob. I have seen a few people paint their trucks like that after they fill the wheel wells with bondo. It does look like a good project though definatley BB Buick time :lol:

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Save it for sure, that's a good looking car for $500.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Okay, been working ALOT, so, it starts runs and drives, huffs oil smoke. Drives okay and shifts okay. Oil is lick two inches over full mark on the stick, does not smell consistent with fuel. No milky pudding like water in it. Does not steam over or get hot. Maybe its just too much oil. If not, there are a couple of complete Buick 455/TH400's and a whole car on craigslist.....

I know, I only tinkered with it for a few minutes this evening when I got off duty. Passenger window needs a new motor. Needs a set pf new lock cylinders (door, trunk, glove box) as there is none in the glove box, trunk cylinder is bashed. Needs a hood support shock, guess only one on the passenger side.

Sorry its weak, its raining, and it was a long shift, ride the big red truck tomorrow (ALS stand-by for Chili Bowl Race). We'll see what I can get done on Thursday.

Best place for rear bumper fillers?
Maybe some center caps?

IronCastKnight

Apprentice
Sep 8, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hell, I'd keep it. Hell, if I didn't have the Knightmobile and a 1950 Chevy 3100 to fix up, I'd try to buy it off you.

Two inches over the full mark? I think I'd try draining some of that crap out and seeing if it still smokes. There's a difference between "full" and "packed to the brim", and that's packed to the brim right there.

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok
You could shorten & tuck the bumpers & eliminate those fillers it isn't that hard I have done it before,they stick too far anyways IMO

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Bar50 said:
and I am thinking 350 or 4555 Buick....

I'd go with a buick 350 because the 4555 doesn't sound too easy to get parts for and lthough it makes amazing hp aournd 4 digit mark and it's a tigh squeeze into the engine bay and is a pig on fuel :lol:

car is very nice though and a great deal at 500

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
84cutlassjuggalo said:
Bar50 said:

I'd go with a buick 350 because the 4555 doesn't sound too easy to get parts for and lthough it makes amazing hp aournd 4 digit mark and it's a tigh squeeze into the engine bay and is a pig on fuel :lol:

I suppose it's different from town to town, but it's actually WAY easier to find Buick 455 stuff than Buick 350 stuff in my area. And the two engines aren't that much different in size. With either engine, clearance is always tight with the heat/ac box.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
307 Regal said:
84cutlassjuggalo said:
Bar50 said:

I suppose it's different from town to town, but it's actually WAY easier to find Buick 455 stuff than Buick 350 stuff in my area. And the two engines aren't that much different in size. With either engine, clearance is always tight with the heat/ac box.

I was just picking on the typeo where it said 4555 not 455, lol sorry I should a made it a bit more obvious

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Oh! hahaha
I thought you had also made a typo.
You're right though. People may call our cars "boats" but a 4,555 cubic inch engine belongs in nothing other than an ocean liner. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor