New Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

This is my 1986 Buick Regal that my uncle sold to me today. He's had it for over 25 years and it sat in his garage for the last 10+ years after being stolen and recovered. He had it repainted after being stolen and had the engine rebuilt (I'm not 100% which engine it is as of right now, but it appears to be a Olds 350). I don't have the details yet, but as soon as I get get some wheel dollies, I'll try to find the codes on the engine/trans/rear end. I took a video of it still in the garage, but I'm not sure how to upload that without going to youtube.

While trying to push it out of the garage, it seems like the calipers or something at the wheels was locked/seized. Thankfully I had my younger brother and the tow truck guy to help me get it in my garage. I look forward to taking in any information you guys can lend to help me getting it running and put back together correctly. As far as I know, I'm missing the lower door chrome trim on the driver's side, the front bumper filler set, inner door panels, and some other stuff. Interior door panels, head liner needs to be replaced, etc... Hopefully I can get it all done for $3k (including new Radial TA's and stock or period rims in 15".)

towman.jpg

20220109_130104b.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Cruiser Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2019
east coast
Hello sir, congrats on yer acquisition. Looks like a great starting point. Bout the same story, got my 87 from my aunt who had it for 29 years

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

This is my 1986 Buick Regal that my uncle sold to me today. He's had it for over 25 years and it sat in his garage for the last 10+ years after being stolen and recovered. He had it repainted after being stolen and had the engine rebuilt (I'm not 100% which engine it is as of right now, but it appears to be a Olds 350). I don't have the details yet, but as soon as I get get some wheel dollies, I'll try to find the codes on the engine/trans/rear end. I took a video of it still in the garage, but I'm not sure how to upload that without going to youtube.

While trying to push it out of the garage, it seems like the calipers or something at the wheels was locked/seized. Thankfully I had my younger brother and the tow truck guy to help me get it in my garage. I look forward to taking in any information you guys can lend to help me getting it running and put back together correctly. As far as I know, I'm missing the lower door chrome trim on the driver's side, the front bumper filler set, inner door panels, and some other stuff. Interior door panels, head liner needs to be replaced, etc... Hopefully I can get it all done for $3k (including new Radial TA's and stock or period rims in 15".)

View attachment 189998
View attachment 189999
Wow, congrats for sure man looks like a nice project. I hope you will have that undercoated each year if you plan to drive it in the winter, because that body looks mint and the salt belt ain't friendly I'm sure you know lol.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Nice regal, tell us more about it. It looks like it needs some rear lights but the body looks straight a great way to start
I have the rear lights and the grill in the trunk. Once my uncle had it painted again (after the theft) he just parked it in the garage.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Wow, congrats for sure man looks like a nice project. I hope you will have that undercoated each year if you plan to drive it in the winter, because that body looks mint and the salt belt ain't friendly I'm sure you know lol.

No sir, lol. I didn't crawl under the car yet, but according to my uncle, it's never been out on the Salty roads.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
neat check and see if the parking brake is stuck.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nice pick up, looking forward to seeing it come back together

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Looks like a good clean project and I like that it has a power sunroof/moonroof, just not a fan of vinyl tops.

Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
getting all of the leaves out from under the hood...I didn't know it was a d**m possum under there. Scared the crap out of me.

Home_Garage_1641860217722_XCPTP287457ZMENX_1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor