Newly acquired 83 Buick Regal Wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Got a little more done on the wagon lately!

I noticed that I had two bad valve stems in the front wheels a few weeks ago and that led to me noticing that one of them had been riden flat and starting to crack and dryrot. So ordered some new tires for the front and replaced them today! Also went from 205/70 to a 215/65 because i always thought the front ones looked stretched on these wheels.

Also got the passanger side mirror installed on the car. Small things I know but a few more steps closer.

20140314_190035_zps7thy5tuu.jpg

20140314_190011_zpsjnoyr8y3.jpg

20140314_185951_zpsjfll5tzl.jpg

20140314_185923_zpssmgfeecr.jpg

lata
CHRIS

Monziac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2011
Ocala, FL
Hey, I saw earlier in this post someone asked if my wagon ever got finished. Yes, it did. 455 Buick motor, TH400 and a GN 8.5 with a 3.23 gear. Front clip was cut and I welded all new metal in for the GN front. Nothing lined up, body lines are all different, and even had to relocate the hinge pivot position. Way more work than I anticipated but it was worth it. Front filler pieces are available on ebay for your clip for around $150 the set and fit very well. The rear filler pieces are not available and I had to actually make them out of metal to mirror the original plastic ones. These cars are really rare and becoming quite valuable. Enjoy it and take care of her! :)

Jon

Attachments

• PAINTED_REDUCED.jpg
    PAINTED_REDUCED.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 704
  • Buick_455_Regal_Wagon.jpg
    Buick_455_Regal_Wagon.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,562

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jon,
The car looks great all put back together. The last pics I've seen of it, it was still in reassembly mode. Glad to see you out driving it.
Thanks for posting some pics. :wink:

Monziac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2011
Ocala, FL
Thanks, I dont want to hijack the thread, but I was bored today so surfing the net and saw a picture of my car unfinished.... Ha! Yeah, I am tearing up the roads. That 455 is a torque monster and is an absolute blast. I kept all the options too including A/C PW, PB, PS, Cruise etc... The color is 1988 Camaro Medium Orange Metallic and it goes great with the dark brown interior. The black out was a ton of work because there is so much of it. I wanted that look where all the chrome in the windows was gone and nothing remained but black. Here is the mock assembly before stripping and paint.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• IMAG0550.jpg
    IMAG0550.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 640
  • IMAG0551.jpg
    IMAG0551.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 671

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I remember you telling me about the amount of work that went into the fender grafting, etc. The Regal/GN front looks really cool.
I'm also blacking out all the trim, pillars, and window frames. Btw, it was probably me that posted the pic of your car after you painted it. Mystery solved... :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Love it, that thing looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor