no shroud does it over heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2013
los angeles
imma make this simple and easy i never posted here first time but i only got 1 question i dont got the top shroud on the car only the bottom part but is on the car i dont got the top part will the car over heat? engine is stock v8

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I had a '73 Chevy 4x4 pickup that had the fan mounted on a spacer, not a fan clutch. No shroud, never overheated.

caligbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2013
los angeles
well it got the fan i just dont got the top shroud part installed just the bottom im going eletric fans in couple weeks plus i dont go far like 5-10 mins away so it wont over heat?

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
caligbody said:
well it got the fan i just dont got the top shroud part installed just the bottom im going eletric fans in couple weeks plus i dont go far like 5-10 mins away so it wont over heat?

probably not

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
As long as its full of coolant/water, the thermostat is working and your not idling in one area for a long time I dont see any issues with overheating.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Grammar is overrated.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor