Off-Topic Legal Problems Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I've got neighbors 2 doors up from me who are the definition of low-life trash. They are all uneducated, definitely a few on drugs, and all of the kids are illegitimate and possibly inbred. They have lived on the street for about 20 years. The grandparents in the family own the house (which is in a complete state of disrepair) but they aren't the issue. Their children and grandchildren are the issue. They have never liked anyone on the street since the beginning and they don't get along with anyone. They get off on being obnoxious to the rest of the neighborhood. Some of the many ignorant, rude things they have done are-
1. Shooting Fireworks off until 3 am every 4th of July and aiming for other people's houses.
2. Riding dirtbikes at all hours up and down the street and behind people's houses.
3. Throwing trash in people's yards as they drive down the street.
4. Burnouts. Soo many burnouts. In front of people's houses. The road in front of my house is covered in tire marks and not one of them is from me. I like a good burnout as much as the next guy, but not on public roads in a suburban neighborhood where there are little kids. Or between the hours of 10:00 pm and 9 am.

We (the other neighbors) have all tried reasoning with these people too many times to count, to no avail. You can't reason with lunatics. They always deny doing anything, or somehow blame it on me.

Recently they have been targeting me specifically. Tailgating me in traffic (my vehicle is easily identifiable), cutting me off in traffic (one incident almost caused a major collision), doing burnouts late at night in front of my house, revving their cars (which don't have mufflers) in front of my house at night, making verbal threats toward me.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to reason with them, and after the near miss collision, I knew I'd have to contact the police as my safety was being threatened. I contacted the local police, who understood and sympathized with me, but could only 'talk to the neighbor and warn them not to do it again'. After the police spoke with the neighbors, the harassment only got worse. These incidents were occurring twice as often. I went back to the police, who did the same thing, understood and felt bad, but couldn't take any real action.

This is when I contacted the local District Magistrate. He said he could not take action until a cease and desist letter was issued. So I had my lawyer produce a cease and desist letter which would be sent to the neighbors and warned that any further harassment would have legal consequences and would be liable to punishment to the fullest extent of the law.

At that point the magistrate signed off on the cease and desist letter, and once they received it, the harassment stopped. I have almost all the incidents documented time/date/what happened, etc. The last incident that occurred was in late August 2015.

Just recently though, the neighbors have rusumed their harassment. I just contacted my lawyer and he is going to contact the magistrate to see what he can do. I cannot stand these awful people. How did I get stuck living next to these incompetent morons?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I feel for you brother.
We went through something similar a few years ago with the "neighbors from hell".
He finally got caught and charged for beating his dog and they moved out of the province to keep out of jail.
Then her sister moved in and it was just as bad.
After dozens of calls to the police,family services and getting our county councilor involved,they moved out.
That house still sits empty.
Keep complaining,that's what we did.
Guy

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Damn man that sucks! I'd say contact the District Magistrate again since you've already begun the paper trail. Any legal action will be based on documentation, so push until something gets done. Get the whole neighborhood on board if you can. It's really too bad that you can't just whoop someones *ss these days without repercussions because A LOT of people need it!.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is terrible, if they are still cutting you off and tailgating a dash cam front and back will prove that to the police.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I've got an "ex" methhead living next to me, again. Little tiny house no bigger than a pickup with a camper on the back. Sure, they spruced up that sh*t shack, but the property (ten feet from my parent's house) is CONSTANTLY full of crappy 90s suburbans and those giant Izusu dump trucks with the removable dumps that cost about 100k each. I have no idea what that idiot does with them besides complain when kids get near it (understandably I guess) and brag about how much money he "invested". They've lived there for about no less than two-three months and there's already been a fight or two. The entire family is no good nasty lookin tweakers. No such thing as an ex methhead in my eyes. Once a tweaker, always a tweaker. At least in my experience.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I had a laugh at this just due to in my neighbor hood we are kinda them people but mind you we don't rev our engines at 1pm we are respectful with all of our shenanigans. But I can say that we are helping all the young ones get into wrenching because we bring the kids on the street down and let them wrench or sit in the cars and bikes when we have them out. And I do have to say when a 5 year old tells you do a burnt out like mike musto says do it for the kids

Nov 4, 2012
that is terrible, if they are still cutting you off and tailgating a dash cam front and back will prove that to the police.

The police do believe me, I've got tons of audio and video files of their burnouts and speeding in front of the house. They have told me they can't actually do anything until they see it in person. I'm trying to handle this through the court system, and all I can do is continue to document everything that happens and report to my lawyer. I know these people are too stupid to understand the courts and too poor to hire a lawyer to explain it to them. I just wish I could take this to a higher court than the magistrate. The only good thing about magisterial court is they do not have a right to an attorney, so the court will not appoint one to them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what about rounding up all the neighbors to take the whole family to court to get an injunction/restraining order. If they don't comply with one or more terms of the restraining order the police have to get involved.

Nov 4, 2012
what about rounding up all the neighbors to take the whole family to court to get an injunction/restraining order. If they don't comply with one or more terms of the restraining order the police have to get involved.

I talked to the neighbors a couple times, and they admit there is a problem, and they are on my side, but they don't want to get directly involved. The first thing I did was try and get a restraining order, but in Pennsylvania you can only get restraining orders against family members. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. The laws were obviously not designed to address this type of issue.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if their house and property are in disrepair are the contravening any by laws or building codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor