Oil on intake manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyHeaven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2013
Just noticing this but about a month after a rebuild I'm seeing burnt oil on my intake manifold?
Guessing my manifold gasket is somehow leaking already?

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Where at? if it's on the bolt recessed area, it's likely working up past the bolt threads. Take the bolt off and put some new thread sealer on and replace...

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Don't mean to cut this thread but same is starting to happen on my RPM intake as well, passenger-side - thanks for the info for the fix. May I ask which sealant you used for fix?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
jae said:
Don't mean to cut this thread but same is starting to happen on my RPM intake as well, passenger-side - thanks for the info for the fix. May I ask which sealant you used for fix?

Teflon thread sealer, indicated right above you.

I also have to do this to mine as well.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Longroof79 said:
jae said:

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I needed. I meant brand / color (i.e. Permatex blue, black), tape or paste-type...

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
jae said:
Longroof79 said:
jae said:

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I needed. I meant brand / color (i.e. Permatex blue, black), tape or paste-type...

I "Borrowed" this from where I worked :wink: :wink: Permatex make the same type , You can get Teflon pipe thread sealant at Lowes or Home Depot in the plumbing Dept.

Attachments

• F15182866.gif
    F15182866.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 353

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Is this on your 72 350 sbo? If so, sealent on threads won't work. All intake bolt holes are blind. Your oil is coming from somewhere else. Need a better indicator or pic of this burnt oil.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Do you have the washer/gasket on the bottom of the dist? I had a leak on mine and that is where it was seeping out at. Also if you have a oil pressure sender those can leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor