Olds 358 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, I still have a minor leak at the back rail, tightened it more, don't want it any tighter. One of the rails got a bit of a ding in shipping from Mark. Hopefully it sealed up this time. I may pull it and put in a new O ring or different fitting. But it ran and drove across town, that is something.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Fuel leak is fixed, apparently an O ring is handy to seal the fuel rail. Well, I got my Ford TPS for the Speedmaster throttle body. It works, sort of. It has less of a lag in the throttle but only gets 60 percent TPS, no matter how I adjust it, including slotting the TPS mounting holes. The sensor goes to nearly 100 percent, just not with the throttle arm sweep. The US made Edelbrock 4 barrel includes and uses a Delphi GM LT1 TPS and GM IAC, whether it is the LS or earlier style, I have both on hand. It has good reviews and is available and cheaper than the Chinese Holley throttle body and not waiting on ships from China and currently on backorder. The only way I will buy another Speedmaster product is if someone like Mark goes through them, talking their cylinder heads, still holding out hope for the small chamber Edelbrock heads.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, I think this Speedmaster throttle body is BS. So I got a BMW TPS sensor. The 8mm D head fits the shaft perfectly bolts in the stock holes but the 122 degree sweep isn't enough. To get 0% at idle, it puts it at 70% WOT. For 100% WOT, at 26%. Looks like I am buying the Edelbrock throttle body tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, I forgot to do something important. Yeah, the TPS Wizard reset fixed it! Don't know why I didn't try it last night, used to nothing but road blocks on this build, I guess. 0 to 100% and instant TPS movement. This sensor is available cheap on Amazon from multiple sellers, so I will pick up an extra along with an extra LS IAC sensor to keep in the car.

• Winner

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
For you oldsmobile lovers... the W-31 special, dynoed at "nick's garage".

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Here is another one, betting 8 to 1 with maybe a stock or the 204/214 cam. It would be fun with 87 octane with a ton of part throttle timing. Iron headed Olds V8 like a lot of timing, these motors prove it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor