Olds 403: Has anyone tried a Fuel injection conversion????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackboy23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2009
Always near Chicago
Where do I go from here...

Oh no, I didn't forget about the thread... Not at all, I have an Iphone and I'm checking this thing all day I actually get the alerts when someone replies. I'm sure you noticed I have about 3 threads going in, and at the present moment(the weekend) I'm really trying to get the disc brakes done next.. Along with exhaust and headers, but for the most part I needed the feedback for the disc brake conversion, once this aspect is done, then I head back under the hood. I'm just trying to literally work my way up and not cut corners.. But because that's not too far away, I got a lil excited and wanted to start with the feedback because this would be the most important thing I need imput on and just like I waiting now on the disc brake results I dont' want to have to wait once I get to the next phase.. But thanks to you and everyone else thus far.. Trust me I'm reading and re-reading everything and taking notes..

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
dogshit said:
I think blackboy forgot his thread. 85 Cutty, I like the updated pic. I also really like the badge delete header. Cleans up the lines and goes with the theme if you will. The missing stainless steel trim on the bottom is getting hard to find. Sort of looks funny with half of it. Wish I had kept mine from my 88 as I know lots of people are looking for that. Is the sport mirror just missing or did it have the non sport mirrors and you chose to remove them?

That's actually an old pic. I have all the stainless trim that is missing, but as the front clip needed to come back off to detail everything, I was waiting to put it on until the body panels were permanently attached (If you look, you will note how badly the hood fits at the rear). I am, however, lacking one trim clip for the front of the fender trim. I bought it new a while ago, but it is the only one that is now missing. The Oldsmobile script will be put back on the bumper cover, but I am waiting until it is buffed for the second time in November. It's an NOS piece that has been sitting in my collection for 12 years, and I really want to use it. It's the only emblem that is going on the car. The car came with the non sport mirrors, but it has the sport mirrors on it now. I painted and installed them last month. I have also installed most of the stereo system, and have started on the interior as well. If I can seal the damn water leak that continues to elude me, the interior will be 95% done by the end of next Monday. However, I refuse to put in the carpet until after it is sealed. It's all in my daily build thread updates.

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Sure, my '79 Seville came from the factory with a fuel inj Olds 350 engine. If your "really" serious about spending the $ to do it contact Bill at BTR Performance!

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Re: Olds 403: Has anyone tried a Fuel injection conversion??

Blackboy23 said:
Curious about this I was told it could be done, I'm looking into Jeggs now, has anyone converted their motors to Fuel Injection?? Would you recommend it even??

While not a max-performance conversion, this web page has been around for almost a decade:

http://grimers.com/vehicles/olds/403efi/index.html

High Roller said:
Sure, my '79 Seville came from the factory with a fuel inj Olds 350 engine.

I'm sure you're aware that the Seville system uses a prehistoric analog computer. There isn't even an O2 sensor in the system. The conversion covered in the link I posted above used the Seville intake with a digital ECU.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You could also adapt the Throttle body off a TBI 454 1 ton truck, and drive it off a Megasquirt ECU. It is a fully customizable system, and can be run as either speed density or Alpha N. The ignition does not need to be integrated into the system either. It also has a thriving web community as it is an open source project. I am thinking of trying it one day, using a TPI intake on the 350. I just gotta get up the nerve to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor