Olds alt. and p/s brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Does anyone know of any cheap accessory brackets for an olds engine w/o ac? like the cheap ones mr. gasket makes for chevy engines.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The stock setup works fine w/o AC.

There are also stock passenger mount alternator mounts for cars that came without A/C.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
thanks but I should've specified. I bought a olds 350 out of a '75 H?O and they guy i bought it from needed the alt and powersteering w/ the brackets. I don't have the stock ones and was lookin for cheap new ones.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
I don't know of a site where they sell out brackets cheap I have 2 things that can be done

1st I would recommend old for sale ad
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31792]

2nd I can goto a local junk yard and pull a set of a/c style brackets idk pricing though

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Thanks dragonist I sent a pm. I heard that a/c style brackets put both alt and p/s on the same side and the belts squeal without the a/c and smog pump. idk. my car had a chevy in it when I bought it and now I have an Olds 350 for it that didn't come with the accessories.. can you buy frame mounts for the 307 or sbo at a local parts store? I can't seem to find them. Thanks

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
FE3X CLONE said:
The stock setup works fine w/o AC.

There are also stock passenger mount alternator mounts for cars that came without A/C.

X2 you can't beat factory quality,the passenger ac mount looks good as well.
After market engine dress up parts are very poorly maid

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
brettlaage03 said:
Thanks dragonist I sent a pm. I heard that a/c style brackets put both alt and p/s on the same side and the belts squeal without the a/c and smog pump. idk. my car had a chevy in it when I bought it and now I have an Olds 350 for it that didn't come with the accessories.. can you buy frame mounts for the 307 or sbo at a local parts store? I can't seem to find them. Thanks

I just bought new motor mounts for the 307 and attached them to the sbo 350. In regards to the frame mounts, they should work with no problem. You know what I have a slight squeak at high throttle that wan't there when I had the 307 in with teh a/c...I might put the a/c back on

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
hurst1979olds said:
I may have a driver side alternator bracket for a SBO. Ill dig in the shed for it tomorrow if your interested.
That would be cool. I'm not looking to spend too much on them and want factory style brackets. I do not have a/c anymore. There is a salvage yard that is near my in-laws that supposedly has a 83 4dr cutlass w/ a olds 350. Hopefully its still there and has the brackets. As for the mounts, I can only find the block side at the parts stores. The frame side is what I need. Chevy stuff is so much easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor