Olds O type 12 bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubnosebrock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Just picked one up. Researched some. Found out a bit about them. Looks like they are tough to find parts for. Its got 28 spline axles. 2.73 ratio. Open rear. Sounds like they will probably handle decent power. Bolt in axles are nice. Anyone know anything more about these? I paid $100.00 for it. Thought if I could build it without a ton into it, might be a good swap for the 7.5

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You'll have a ton into it... Like you said, they're hard to find parts for.
In my opinion, unless you're doing a full-blown numbers matching resto on a car that was originally equipped with one, they really aren't worth using.

I had one a few years ago. I sold the posi carrier and scrapped the housing...

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I have one under my car port right now. I can't find parts for it and anything I do find is real expensive. I don't want to scrap it because I know somebody could use it. I almost have no choice right now. It's just taking up space. I just got an 8.5 from a friend and thats going in my Cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor