Olds rose wood dash trim years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
What year cars came with the rose wood dash trim? Trying to match up a radio delete plate that is rose wood. Is all the rose wood the same. Dose any one have picture of rose wood trim and the year car it came off of.
Thanks
Bernhard

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Burnhard said:
What year cars came with the rose wood dash trim? Trying to match up a radio delete plate that is rose wood. Is all the rose wood the same. Dose any one have picture of rose wood trim and the year car it came off of.
Thanks
Bernhard

I believe it was '81 to at least '85 or '86. '87 & '88 went to the straight grain looking trim.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
I hate to be a correct you kinda guy, but oldsmobile never had any rose wood trim........
all 1979 to 1985 cutlass interior dash stuff was the same woodgrain for the most part. 79 /80 had a few differences between the center dash and headlight dash bezels, but they would all fit each other. 1986 to 1988 they had a plainer less shiney woodgrain pattern minus the "gold" striping around the edges.
so if you check any oldsmobile brochure (i have them all 1970 to 88) on the page that states all the standard and optional equipment, it states that the woodgrain pattern for 1979 t9 1985 is called "simulated butterfly walnut grained".....................................not rose wood. also the 1986 brochure just calls it "simulated walnut grained"

this is the third or forth time this question/statement has come up.............

so no rosewood woodgrain.................its all walnut. butterfly walnut 1979 to 85..........walnut from 1986 to 1988

as to where to match it .....i would try Rvinyl they might have a close match

http://www.rvinyl.com/woodgrain.htm

peace

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
There was never gold trim on any dash pieces, just the Lightning Rods top plate.
All dssh trim had vacuum metalized aluminum trim which fades or wears off to reviel the painted grayish glue used to adhear the vaporized aluminum during the vacuum process.
78 had a slightly different Burl Walnut, more of an orange tint and a slightly different pattern.
79-88 was dark brown and the most common.
86-88 was Teak Wood, the radio bezel was a little different of a shade for some reason, perhaps a vendor thing...
These pieces also faded from their brownish red to pink. The radio bezel hade a yellowish tint to it in some respects. Later 87 and 88 radio bezels including GM NOS matched the non faded dash trim.
1987 442's came with Scheffield Gray to poorly simulate brushed aluminum.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
dudeface said:
I hate to be a correct you kinda guy, but oldsmobile never had any rose wood trim........
all 1979 to 1985 cutlass interior dash stuff was the same woodgrain for the most part. 79 /80 had a few differences between the center dash and headlight dash bezels, but they would all fit each other. 1986 to 1988 they had a plainer less shiney woodgrain pattern minus the "gold" striping around the edges.
so if you check any oldsmobile brochure (i have them all 1970 to 88) on the page that states all the standard and optional equipment, it states that the woodgrain pattern for 1979 t9 1985 is called "simulated butterfly walnut grained".....................................not rose wood. also the 1986 brochure just calls it "simulated walnut grained"

this is the third or forth time this question/statement has come up.............

so no rosewood woodgrain.................its all walnut. butterfly walnut 1979 to 85..........walnut from 1986 to 1988

as to where to match it .....i would try Rvinyl they might have a close match

http://www.rvinyl.com/woodgrain.htm

peace

Corrections are good thats how we learn

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
just going off what i read out of the literature.........................and the gold i was refering to is a yellow/gold simulated pinstripe type thing on the door pull bezels. I sell quite a few on ebay of those, my top seller

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor