Oopsie...

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Leaving the base today. Not enough Dodge, too much Ram...
👀

RAM WRECK.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Backstory so far is the car behind this guy ran the gate and the cops hit the button to pop up the barriers, wrong place at the wrong time, them things work.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Backstory so far is the car behind this guy ran the gate and the cops hit the button to pop up the barriers, wrong place at the wrong time, them things work.
Those barriers are wild.. my brother is security forces, he used to work the gate when they were install d way back whenever it was. The training video he had to watch showed a fully loaded 80k lbs semi being remote driven at 60 into one of those being deployed, he said the frame stopped immediately, the rest of the truck sheered itself off. He said another time some new airman accidentally pressed the button, car on top of the barrier when it deployed.. tax dollars had to buy her a new car and he was on the sh*t list for a while.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Those barriers are wild.. my brother is security forces, he used to work the gate when they were install d way back whenever it was. The training video he had to watch showed a fully loaded 80k lbs semi being remote driven at 60 into one of those being deployed, he said the frame stopped immediately, the rest of the truck sheered itself off. He said another time some new airman accidentally pressed the button, car on top of the barrier when it deployed.. tax dollars had to buy her a new car and he was on the sh*t list for a while.

A totaled truck and most probably boat. One abrupt stop for sure
Exactly as mentioned above, designed to stop a big truck instantly.

Someone is in some poo poo here..

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm always amazed how boat owners are concerned about the boat sliding back off the trailer, but never think about it coming forward. Pretty common sight in the summertime back when I lived at the lake.

Obviously, nothing is foolproof in that kind of circumstance, but maybe a little more thought about properly securing the load would help some of these scenarios.

I used to know a guy that would load a car on a trailer and depend on the winch cable to keep it on there :roll:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor