OPGI shipping, gambling on my dash

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well, I'm now playing OPGI's lottery game now. How & will my dash arive. Got the notification that it was in & getting ready to ship on Saturday. They guy I had to talk to had me verify I still wanted it & the shipping address for FedEx cause big box. Done. Waited for the email yesterday to give my tracking info & that it was on its way. Got it, but... Didn't list FedEx nor UPS. Listed USPS 1st class mail with tracking number. OK...? Went to track just to find it actually went Ground Advantage. Wait, this is the service that sends most of my stuff to other states far away from Pittsburgh. What???? So I paid freight with oversize to be manhandled by the cheapest way to send small packages. I called them as I never get anything back on my email I sent just after they closed. The guy I got to talked to just played it off as it was just a way they ship thing but did question why their warehouse did ship it with the USPS. This won't fit in my mail lady's Wrangler or may not be able to pick it up (small frame older lady). So will it be OK, need another shipped or USPS rejects it in L.A. cause it's bigger than what they accept at the local office.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
The person you spoke to doesn't know how to read. Not only would OPGI not send by USPS because large packages are much more expensive that way than UPS and FedEx, but First Class Package is obsolete. I'd call back tomorrow to maybe get someone that knows what they are talking about.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'll have to give them another call to see if I can find someone who can be of better help. As of right now the USPS tracker says they are still waiting for it & he said it left yesterday.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'll have to give them another call to see if I can find someone who can be of better help. As of right now the USPS tracker says they are still waiting for it & he said it left yesterday.
I had something do that very thing. Then a month later, it showed up. Went from "USPS awaiting item" straight to "delivered". Nothing in between but about 30 days.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well it didn't show up last night but this afternoon it went thriugh L.A. at 7:28PM PST. Guess I don't need to call for while. I did get a reply to my email just saying they'll cover all damage/issues. Now I guess it just a wait.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
pagrunt
I'll be watching to see how good/bad it is. I need to do something about the wagon dash

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck! We're all keeping a good thought for you. Hopefully they took extra precautions to keep the dash safe from damage during shipment.
Perhaps encased the entire structure in Styrofoam before crating it.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
(Riding in back of the USPS delivery truck that has your dash):
46c7733a-dd24-4c3f-b68d-6a6a9a676e2a_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
As a surprise to me, it's here & in good condition. No need for a claim but not the best way of packing as I was expecting.
20240502_160208.jpg
The company that makes the dashes is Dashes Direct. There are some feature issues but I'll do a review & comparison later.

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor