Our new house..9/9/11 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
SO, after getting married in March, I had moved in with my ready-made family. My wife and 3 stepsons were in a 2 bedroom duplex, sans neighbors. They, and I have made the best of the situation, but a couple months back, we got some new neighbors...yay.... :x
They suck. A woman moved in with her young daughter (maybe 6), and since then any number of people have been living there, coming and going in and out, all hours of the day and night. Making noise, keeping me, my wife and 3 kids awake at night. It has been a continual nightmare trying to persuade them to be quiet, without resorting to making trouble and getting in trouble with the law.
We decide to start looking for a house. We basically wanted 3 bedrooms, and a garage/drive in basement so WE (yes I have said, she is a true gearhead.. :D ). We started looking online, and found 4 houses at the start we liked. They had what we were looking for, in the price range we could afford. (2) were sold before we could look at them, (1) had renters and wasn't immediately available for looking at.....that left the other house....man oh man.
We went to it, and fell in love....the original part of the house was built in 1952, as a (1) bed and bath. In the last few years, it had an addition built, with an attached (2) car oversized (!) garage, and (2) beds and baths above it. The property also has the original outbuilding/(2) car (lengthwise) garage behind it....1400 sq ft of living space. It gets better...from the time we inquired to the time we looked at it, HUD lowered the price by 10%!
I got preapproval on Monday, submitted an offer on Tuesday, offer was accepted on Wednesday, I signed the contract and the loan approval from my 401k was approved today! Waiting on contract to be sent back, and get a contractor set-up to paint it, and repair the fascia boards, and close!
My family and I are so happy. The mortgage payment is going to be only a couple bucks more than what we are paying for rent, as well.......a very high-strung, tense, but most excellent week.
I just had to rant a while.....sorry story is so long.

And as soon as I can...pix will be coming!

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Re: Our new house

Congratulations! I want to be the first one to do so.. With gods permission I will be moving to my first house end of next month and Im excited. I can only imagine how you feel!

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

v2vera said:
Congratulations! I want to be the first one to do so.. With gods permission I will be moving to my first house end of next month and Im excited. I can only imagine how you feel!
GARAGE :wink: :wink: :lol: :D :D

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN

Thank ya! Congratulations to you as well.
I figure I can get all my parts for my 87 back from the guy who has it all in his garage, and has been supposed to be finishing my motor, and swapping my motors and trannies out, too.
First thing I thought of was a pegboard on the wall for my tools, the welder in the corner, and plumbing the garage for air......if anyone is looking for a house, I highly recommend searching for a HUD foreclosure. We are basically getting this house for half the last selling price.....

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO

Congratulations. I cant wait til I find a house.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN

We went back out to the house, and took some pix. These 2 show off the best view of the front of our new house, and part of the building outback, (wide enough for one car, deep enough for 2), plus workspace on the side.
If you notice in the one with me and my youngest stepson, he is a LITTLE excited..... 8)

100_7725.jpg

100_7712.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: Our new house..2 pix added

Congratulations Frank!
It looks like a good size house. I'm sure the garage was a big factor in your choice.. :wink: I hope all goes well and smoothly for you and your family.
Good luck in your new home. Owning certainly beats paying rent and having nothing to show for it.
It will also be a relief getting away from your lowlife neighbor.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan

Man, I'm happy for you and your family :!: . About the peg board,,,,,I did that in my first home shop and it gave my tools to much freedom and they seemed to walk off! 4 tool boxes, HIGH shelves, and Smith & Wesson insured, my tools are happy to stay home now :rofl: .

Doug

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN

Thanks, guys, for all the well wishes....3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 3 to 4 garage spaces....freedom to have a clean, organized place to work...all priceless to us. Really looking forward to the house, and I'll take that pegboard comment to heart....gonna have a killer security/camera and extras system that I am cooking up for the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor