CUTLASS Park dont work

tiwii666

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2023
Canada
Hello i have a th 200 4r and i have floor shifter with column linkage and when i put my park my reverse light is on and my car move so my park dont work can i have help please

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
It sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment, because if it's not hitting "Park" something has gotten loose or worn out. Unless the indicator has slipped out of position, in which case I'd think you could easily reach "Park".

Are you saying that you have a factory installed floor shift with the factory column linkage so the shift indicator in the cluster still works? I believe I've read about that setup but I have no experience with them.

markolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2023
Hello i have a th 200 4r and i have floor shifter with column linkage and when i put my park my reverse light is on and my car move so my park dont work can i have help

It sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment, because if it's not hitting "Park" something has gotten loose or worn out. Unless the indicator has slipped out of position, in which case I'd think you could easily reach "Park".

Are you saying that you have a factory installed floor shift with the factory column linkage so the shift indicator in the cluster still works? I believe I've read about that setup but I have no experience with them.
Just went threw that with my salon my shifter cable was stretched and didn't have enough rigidity. Check the bushings at the transmission and at the steering column. You can disconnect the rod to make sure the column is rotating properly. Mine would also stop my ignition from turning off

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor