Pick & pull Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
:wtf: Is it just the 3 Pick & pulls here in K.C. or did all of them raise the prices like they are selling NEW parts now ! I pulled some parts today and when I left I felt like I needed a rape kit and a morning after pill :( Last year I felt the prices were somewhat reasonable but this year they jacked the prices and charge for every little screw and or extra piece of plastic or metal... it's disgusting !

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
And to them it's all JUNK, but your right the prices are getting crazy, it's getting so you can't afford to do what you love, you just about have to rob a bank or something just to say ---see what i put on my car today :blam:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im kind of lucky, the U Pull It near me has set prices for specific parts. Like all bucket seats cost one price and all fenders cost another regardless of car. I got a pair of brand new looking Rockford 6x9s for $10! The bad thing is that they dont keep older cars and when they do they send them to the crusher quick.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I won't buy anything there anymore unless I absolutely have to have it and buying new isn't worth it. The last few times I got something there I felt like I got f*cked. But then again I feel like the price of everything is out of hand anymore.

The trick to getting over is looking at the price list before hand, and then go to the cashier that has no clue about car parts and tell them what it is to get a better price! The ones around here are good for hiring cashiers that can't tell a starter from an alternator from a compressor.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
Around here you have to pay the price of the part plus a core charge on certain ones, like: Alternators, starters, hoods, deck lids, bumpers, etc. The end price with the "core charge" is only about $30.00 - $40.00 less than new when it comes to a starter or alt.. We only have one you pull your own parts place around here, and they also have started charging a core charge for hoods, bumpers, etc. From what I can decipher, the core is basically the estimated cost a scrap yard will pay them for the part. So they are getting basically getting double paid for one part. They won't take your old smashed up part as the core, I already tried that.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
I dnt buy sh*t from those **** heads.. There prices are like buying brand new parts from auto zone.
reggie

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I absolutely dont understand core charges. Its just another way to get money on wear parts. Like any salvage yard ever rebuilds shot alternators.

When I looked into buying a SC3800 from a yard the engine was affordable, like $400. Then there was a $100 engine core and they pulled EVERYTHING off. Starters, manifolds, harness, injectors, ect. All you bought was a longblock essentally. By the time I got what I wanted it was over $1200. Bought one off craigslist with more than I needed for $350.

But some stuff is a good deal. Hard to buy and paint a bumper for a new car for $150. Paint, primer, clear costs $100 at least and the factory stuff is a better match colorwise anyways.

I know they need to make money, but seriously. There is literally 100+ 5.3 chev truck motors for $700 and up on car-part within a few 100 miles of me. Wonder how many trucks that get wrecked and end up in the yards end up getting crushed with engines, trans, rears, ect. Its not like most modern cars blow the engines up when they have low miles and are worth fixing. Chances are, if it needs a new engine, its not worth fixing. They have to adjust to supply and demand, but im sure their customer base really died when cars when front wheel drive and EFI.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
The two that I frequent both list reasonable prices but one of the two will let you go and get the part that you want and charge you way more than it is on their price sheet. I tried to buy an 8.8 for my Jeep and they listed it at $99.00 and then tried to charge me $160.00. On the vortec engine I bought it was listed as $199.00 and the tried to charge me $450.00 the day I went after one. I stopped buying there and turned them in to the NC state Attorney General. They are investigating now. I have the best luck at small country salvage yards.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
http://www.wegotused.com/wp-content/upl ... e-List.pdf

I go here. Their prices arent too bad, and the inventory of cars is pretty big at the Hazelton one.

They give you a price sheet when you enter so when you pay you can show them they over charged you.

They had quite a few G's there but I dont need anything.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor