Pontiac 400 Edelbrock round port heads, what headers or exhaust manifold ??/

Jan 4, 2024
Hi !! Just bought an 1984 SBC 305 Grand Prix, wanting to swap a 400 Pontiac with Edelbrock round port heads but can't find headers for this swap. Has someone used headers from a Trans Am or A body ?? Or that can fit with minor mods ?? Thanks in advance !!!

PD; Why bather for a Pontiac engine ??? Cause the Brand.... cause got a balanced 400 engine from a friend with E-heads, forge .040over piston, MSD ignition.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Mad Dog used to have headers for this swap, pretty sure they don't exist anymore. You may have to get out the hammer, or go shorty or manifolds. You also need frame mounts and a BOP trans or adapter plate. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Screw headers. More trouble than they are worth. Use the Ram Air Restoration cast iron manifolds. They are a modern and better copy of the RA/HO units Pontiac included with their best engines. They flow great, are quiet, and fit properly. There was a problem with delivery but they have a new foundry and are available again. Use the GTO/ 2nd gen F body units.
s-l960.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Jan 4, 2024
Mad Dog used to have headers for this swap, pretty sure they don't exist anymore. You may have to get out the hammer, or go shorty or manifolds. You also need frame mounts and a BOP trans or adapter plate. Good luck.
Yup...tired to look at Mad Dog but with any luck, thanks !!

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Mad dog sold the business. The new owners will get you in contact with Mark and he will still make the headers for you. Same headers as they were, just him making them without the business name.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I have source to BOP cases. The best is the earlier BOP TH400. I have a couple. I buy when I can and just set aside.

Jan 4, 2024
Mad dog sold the business. The new owners will get you in contact with Mark and he will still make the headers for you. Same headers as they were, just him making them without the business name.
That's great info !! Thanks !!

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Here’s a screen shot from an old text from them. I know guys that have contacted them and did get headers.

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 31

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor