Pontiac Alum. Wheel Center Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK guys, just how many different variations are there on the snowflake/turbine wheel center caps? Here's the story:

Had 2 sets of caps with the black/grey background arrowhead "sticky" inserts. One set from sources elsewhere and one from a set of 'turbine' wheels off my long-gone '86.

Got a hold of a set of new red-background arrowhead stickies, and swapped one set out. Managed to lose one of those somewhere shortly after ( :evil: x10 ), so I found a couple red-inserts sets on ebay.

I've got the first set in, and instead of the little sticky decal inserts, these have a thick hard plastic (lucite?) insert siliconed rather permanently into them! They look great, but I'm like WTF? These are totally different than what I've seen before. Haven't got the 2nd set in but I think they're the same as these.

I'll try and get some pics up to show what I'm talking about. Anyone have any info on when they switched to the "decal" inserts from the lucite ones?

So far I know of the following variations on these caps:

1) Firebird (black background, red bird...decal?)
2) Firebird (black background, gold bird...decal?)
3) Arrowhead (red background lucite [PERMANENT!] insert)
4) Arrowhead (red background decal)
5) Arrowhead (black/gray background decal)

I've seen some all-black instead of chrome sets on ebay that look similar but must've been from even later year 'birds.... Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor